Aria Sinsonido

regebro

Insane Genious!
I'm thinking about buying an Aria Sinsonido bass. I tried one out, mostly for fun, and it felt really good. The sound is very special (quite acoustical with a lot of fungering noise), but I figure it might add character to the songs. ;)

Question 1: Does any body have this bass? Experiences?

Question 2: How do people feel about the consistency of Aria products in general and the Sinsonidos in particular?

The thing is that it costs 500 euro here in Paris, but 350 dollars (which is below 300 euros) in the US. So it will be a lot cheaper to buy it via the internet. And usually I avoid buying guitars and basses without having tried the particular guitar/bass first. But if people feel that Aria are so consistent that all of their instrument are about equally good, then I might risk it. (I'm gonna check prices in Poland when I go there this summer too, but I don't have high hopes).

I have the sinsonido nylon string guitar. I originally bought it to so I could stay in playing shape while travelling. Once I got it, I was very pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded amplified. I've used it on solo chord/melody gigs and I've recorded commercial music with it. I got mine on Ebay for @ $225 (US) used. I wouldn't think twice about buying an Aria online.

I love Korean guitars by the way. All you really need is something that stays in tune and sounds halfway decent. The rest is up to you. :)

Back