Aria Pro II

gasal69

Hello musicians!
I bought the bass yesterday. It’s an Aria Pro II. The guy who sold me was not musician.
He’s got it with the house he bought.
The bass is made in Japan but nobody knows when.
There is an “Accurate bolt on system” on the bass.
The electronics: "Laser electric"
and it is written "Heritage” on head of the bass.

I appreciate any info.

I'm guitar player but I use other instruments too for my Home Recording projects.
Anyway, I paid 200$ for it and I think it is worth much more.

Wow, an Aria. That takes me back. Back in the mid-'80's I had an Aria Pro II ZZ Deluxe guitar. Looking back, it was a real piece of crap, but I loved it then. I think I have a picture of it somewhere. If I can find it, I'll post it.

MadAudio said:
Wow, an Aria. That takes me back. Back in the mid-'80's I had an Aria Pro II ZZ Deluxe guitar. Looking back, it was a real piece of crap, but I loved it then. I think I have a picture of it somewhere. If I can find it, I'll post it.

He, He if you compare it with Fender Precision Bass it is really piece of crap.
But there is something with this Aria that made me to have to have it.
And colour is something like ivory.
It is a nice contrast to my black acoustic fender (6 strings) and black Stratocaster with ivory plate.
I was looking there too ( http://www.ariausa.com/archives/bas.html )
but still don’t know what this "heritage" means and how much did it cost 30 years ago.

It was only 20 years ago and it (if memory serves me) cost about $400 to $500. The heritage was just the name of the series, it was the good one.

I used to own an Aria Pro II guitar...was my 2nd guitar, bought around 1990. It had a tiger-stripe paint job (almost had to be done after market). It had a fake floyd rose tremolo, 2 humbuckers and a coil tap. The guitar was OK, but that tailpiece was a real POS...it broke strings on a weekly basis and nearly rusted thru from my sweat.

That guitar still must be living at a friends house somewhere, i may have to go track it down to see how its doing.

aww come on ...

MadAudio said:

i had a ZZ deluxe too,i still like to think the white one i had was awesome i would give alot to have it back the thing i hated was when i bought it didn't have the locks on th trem and once you hit th bar tuning was out ...it was way cool when i took black and red pinstriping to it ....lol :D

Oi guys, I bought my Aria Pro II in 1989 and it's still serving me fine, although I only use it in the studio though. Doubt it will be worth up to the $200 that gasal69 paid for it though, although I don't know about the Aria bass guitars.

Yea, a friend of mine has an aria proII bass, and i used to borrow it off of her all the time ! it has a totally different character to the yamaha bass i have in the studio, as the yamaha is very smooth and versatile and the aria stood outin the mix like a sore thumb ! but a very nice sounding sore thumb, once it's gone thru my studio's ashdown amp :)

They're nice basses, if i found a cheap one i'd consider it !

Yea, a friend of mine has an aria proII bass, and i used to borrow it off of her all the time ! it has a totally different character to the yamaha bass i have in the studio, as the yamaha is very smooth and versatile and the aria stood outin the mix like a sore thumb ! but a very nice sounding sore thumb, once it's gone thru my studio's ashdown amp :)

Back