Arggghhhhh Help me find it !

No power dude! A potentially good song though.

Possible problems:

1) No bass. You need MUCH more bass. And judging from the tone of the bass...turning it up might not help much. You might need to EQ some attack into it. Most of your power is going to come from that bass. Getting a powerfull bass that doesn't interfere with the rest of the mix is difficult though...it's definately one thing that I struggle with!

2) The drums are really weak. Aside from some really loud hi-hat at the beginning...the drums are almost non-existant. I can't make out the snare at all and the kick is really weak. A deeper kick would add some power...as would a nice poppy snare. & turn em up!

3) The guitars during the chorus aren't very powerfull....maybe fixing the bass would help em out a bit.

4) This one is personal...I don't like the keyboard part during the chorus. It's a little to "it came from the 80's" for my tastes.

Anyway, the vocals are VERY well done and overall the sound of this mix is very open. It really does need more bass & drums though...big time.

Slackmaster 2000

I must've got hold of the remix 'cause it doesn't sound weak overall.
Except for the bass!
The line doesn't sound like one that should be hidden. Even though that bass sounds weak and lacking attack throughout, it also sounds clipped in the intro where it's by itself.
So maybe the problem is trying to get a decent signal level out of the bass without overloading some stage to do it. Despite it being a bass track, it ought to have some more higher frequency component to it.

Back