Arggggghhh!!!!!!

benherron.rrr

Just got a briliant desk to create a more professional, comfier environment, a better mixing space. But I now have nowhere to put anything. I cant begin to arange anything there is so little space! I dont even have much gear. Its pissing me off now. Why must good things be so hard? Why cant I have a good recording space? the only solution is to get rid of my bed, but I need to sleep. Damn it!!!!!!

rant over

So there's no room on the desk, but it's "brilliant"? :D

While I was re-arranging my gear over 3-4 days, I slept in a sleeping bag on the floor!

No, theres no room in the room, Im trying to arrange everything, so that I have a great mixing positon (well as good as I can get) whilst having my digital piano in front of me, the Desk is too high to put it on top, and too long and in the way to place it on a stand below. Even though the dimenions i had made me predict otherwise. And having space for my guitars and amps, and making space for a piano im about to get. . . Ive got alot of sorting to do. just annoying that the imagie in my head isn't reality.

I went on ebay last week and sold about a dozen things that just kept cluttering up the place...get a futon, music is more important than a good nights sleep, you can sleep when you're 40..and eat..you do a lot of eating once youre over 40 :D

I went on ebay last week and sold about a dozen things that just kept cluttering up the place...get a futon, music is more important than a good nights sleep, you can sleep when you're 40..and eat..you do a lot of eating once youre over 40 :D

So true. Except I'm 44 and I still haven't started sleeping yet--and I have a completely separate and wonderful studio! Here's the thing: the nicer you make your recording environment, the more time you'll spend there! For me, that's every night. Good luck!

What a great way of thinking! Currently being a student, I love sleep! But to chose outof the two I'd sacfirfice sleep for music any day of the week.

I gotta question for you: You have a pair of KRK RP8's right? Do you recommend them? Thinking of getting a pair, but my mate whos got the 6's said they are massive, Due to my space issues, are they massive? do you think the 6's would do the job as well?

So true. Except I'm 44 and I still haven't started sleeping yet--and I have a completely separate and wonderful studio! Here's the thing: the nicer you make your recording environment, the more time you'll spend there! For me, that's every night. Good luck!

Yeah thats right, I wish I could have a seperate space, but Ive grown to like the fact that when I get a bit of listening/playing fatigue I can Lie on my bed an relax for a bit. The reason I bought a desk is so my woring environment is tidier and looks better, opposed to having a block of wood held up by some speaker stands.

What a great way of thinking! Currently being a student, I love sleep! But to chose outof the two I'd sacfirfice sleep for music any day of the week.

I gotta question for you: You have a pair of KRK RP8's right? Do you recommend them? Thinking of getting a pair, but my mate whos got the 6's said they are massive, Due to my space issues, are they massive? do you think the 6's would do the job as well?

I find the 8s overkill...I just went with the theory that more woofer equals more bass..tbh the 6 would probably have been fine for my set up

One thing though they are shy in the HF department at low volume...Ive adjusted them and they are acceptable but they sound way better when being pushed..also they have a slight hum, its pretty common so Ive found out, not enough to be irritating but again in a small workplace it might be more noticable

If volume is an issue then maybe the yamahas would be worth a look??

you are a lucky man....my next house is going to have a studio...I can hang on but living in apartments is doing my nut in at the mo'..and my fridge/freezers not big enough :mad:

:)

I find the 8s overkill...I just went with the theory that more woofer equals more bass..tbh the 6 would probably have been fine for my set up

One thing though they are shy in the HF department at low volume...Ive adjusted them and they are acceptable but they sound way better when being pushed..also they have a slight hum, its pretty common so Ive found out, not enough to be irritating but again in a small workplace it might be more noticable

If volume is an issue then maybe the yamahas would be worth a look??

Thats been my theory, just need more volume then my Foxtex Pm 0.4's can throw out, they start to cry when you add any form of low frequency to them.

I just wish I lived in my own place, then I could do what ever I wanted to the place.

Just got a briliant desk to create a more professional, comfier environment, a better mixing space. But I now have nowhere to put anything. I cant begin to arange anything there is so little space! I dont even have much gear. Its pissing me off now. Why must good things be so hard? Why cant I have a good recording space? the only solution is to get rid of my bed, but I need to sleep. Damn it!!!!!!

rant over

How come you didnt get out the measuring tape when you were in the process of obtaining a new desk ?

Anyways, a loft bed will solve your hassles. Buy the plans, the timber, the nuts and bolts, borrow the tools and build it in a weekend.

picZV.jpg

Just dont stand up and punch the air when you capture a good take.:D

OP Loftbed

Just got it all sorted, a new pair of monitors, and a big 24 track control desk and this beast would look unbeatable.

I was thinking about going to another end of the forum for this but, the solution to my piano problem was to lay it on the keyboard slidy draw thing. where it is now at perfect hight. but its a little flimsy, I need some thing to help prob it up to take of some of the weight, not being a keyboard stand, because that gets in the way. something that will be a perminant solution and small enough so that It wont get in the way. Will post pics in the studio building thread when its all done, ad the rooms is tidy again.

i have a keyboard stand with my S-50 on it and I just leave the keys showing.....doesnt get in my way too much but I cant put my legs under the table

i have a keyboard stand with my S-50 on it and I just leave the keys showing.....doesnt get in my way too much but I cant put my legs under the table

I was gunna use my keyboard stand, but its pritty beefy and sticks out a bit furher then I can manage, plus the front ofmy desk has some cubords covered with glass doors for my pc and mics and the stand means I cant get to either. Just trying to figure out how I can add a ittle extra support.

Back