Are you Using An RME Multiface?

walkinbass

I just picked up an RME Multiface.... instaled the card and have things hooked up.... but I havn't had time to really dig into it yet. .... Maybe this weekend.

two quick questions....

1. Chime in if you are using this RME, I'd be interested to know how many others on the board are using it.

2. Really dumb question... is that little red light (host) supposed to stay on? Mine goes out after a couple of minutes after I boot up.

Thanks...

Well,
I use a digiface, and the little red light is indeed supposed to go out when you boot up. The red light indicates that there is no connection to the host machine. BTW I'm really pleased with the digiface so far, apart from the fact that it ha far too little driving strength in the headphone output to drive my AKG headphones (with KOSS 'the plug' it's quite sufficient, but those are so sensitive that they could probably be driven directly from a pair of ECM 8000 :))

I upgraded to a multiface from a delta omni studio. I think that's the best thing i've ever done. I was skeptical about the obvious difference in converter quality at first, that is until i recorded with it. It sounds great. Much better than the m-audio. Everything works the way it should, it's been everything but a hassle.

Brandon

Anyone using it with a laptop?

I am very happy with it but sometimes I hav erun into issues with using the internal soundcard. Using midi or using softsynths, especially controlled with a usb keyboard. Usually works by using the multi midi in though.

Other than this annoyance (and it may be a s/w issue, but i suspect it has to do with not having wdm drivers) I am very happy.

Back