Are You Sure Hank Done it This Way....

Cool. A nice live capture. There is some nice energy here. Seems like it's pushing the levels a bit in general, but I've heard a lot of bootlegs over the years and this has a decent live sound.

I really liked the solo breaks...the lead guitar and the ride and everything just had a great sense of space where it all opened up a bit. The vocals had a boomy quality to them even for a guy with a deep voice.

I'm very impressed just how good this sounds recorded live. Is that you on the guitar? Nice work all around. My only complaint, albeit small, the vocals tended to drift in and out volume wise but that usually happens a little bit when singing live. You have the perfect Country Blues voice. I like what I heard.

I'm very impressed just how good this sounds recorded live. Is that you on the guitar? Nice work all around. My only complaint, albeit small, the vocals tended to drift in and out volume wise but that usually happens a little bit when singing live. You have the perfect Country Blues voice. I like what I heard.

I WISH that was me on either guitar or vocal. I'm just the knob twister and recorded it on location, which is what I love to do.

The wandering vocal is the only major issue - can you automate the fader t get it consistent?
The panning of the drums is odd - I have the snare over one side and a tom on the other with the cymbal almost centre in my h/phones.
Is thta deliberate? If Y why?
Good capture mate.

Ah, the drums. I always try to get an image similar to how the drummer is set up. In his, rather large, kit he had the snare slightly right, toms and cymbals all over the spread. I suggested to them that the next time, and they want to do it again after saving up some pennies, that he bring a smaller kit. I'll have to check out the vocal again and may have time to do that tomorrow.

Back