Are vmoda headphones good for producing

LabrosPNS

Hi I am planning to buy the vmoda lp2 since they are on sale at my local shop but I am going to use these for producing music instead of my logitech z506 speakers.
I have seen a lot of famous producers making music with them (Martin garrix,DM&LM,Nervo) And since I am going to not buy new headphones for the next 2 years or so these are built to last so thats
another reason chose them

They ain't cheap!

32ohm which would lead me to believe that their target audience is audiophile as opposed to production...
Without looking more closely at the specs I'd guess that they're far from 'neutral sounding' which is what you want in cans for producing...
With a more neutral sounding headphone - you'll get out what you put in and your mixes should translate onto other systems without any nasty surprises...
If these (as I suspect) have a crossover that gives them extended bass response - then your tracks will sound great on them but sound very different on other systems.

Oh ok but since I am producing big room house which has a lot of bass would the audio techica m40x make the cut? I heard in a lot of reviews that they do not have saitsfying amounts of bass.
So should I get them insted of the vmodas?

For best results you'd use headphones as a reference to a pair of nearfield monitors...

Monitors would be where I would focus my budget.

Back