Are these okay or should I buy monitors made for mixing

The M-Audio units have the mid emphasis switch which allows you to remove the extra shaping that consumer speaker generally have. They are probably a better choice also because the other units 2 satillites are kind of small and I would be nervous about how you can judge the lower middle octaves stereo imaging.

:D
:D:D
:D:D:D

if your serious in doing at home recordings, and want them to sound decent.........

stay away from any thing made by "creative".......be it soundcards.....or anything!

your best bet is to at least get 'studio monitors' at least with a 5in woofer. Do a search on EBAY for .....m-audio, KRK, alisis, or event. You can sometimes snag a pair for around $100-$120.......

you wont regret it.........

kind of..........while they both are relatively same length (15-20ft).........you might not "hear" a difference. If you run longer lengths.....youll notice a difference.......

if it were me........i would get the upgraded cables anyway. It wount hurt, and they probably will last longer. Plus with the better constructed cable, your less likely to get those nasty "pops" and "crackles" when the cord bends and twists......

Ya well our mics tend to not move when we record :cool:
Ive never had a pop or crack with them so I guess they are fine.

if your serious in doing at home recordings, and want them to sound decent.........

stay away from any thing made by "creative".......be it soundcards.....or anything!

your best bet is to at least get 'studio monitors' at least with a 5in woofer. Do a search on EBAY for .....m-audio, KRK, alisis, or event. You can sometimes snag a pair for around $100-$120.......

you wont regret it.........

some of the creative stuff is the same as the emu with unbalanced input. they use the same components.

you really need the close reference monitors to mix as stated 5" up woofs I have the M-audio 8's pre-digi's, the Mogami cables are cheaper than Monster and work fine for interface and speaker connects, so does Hosa for that matter, depends where in your chain you are using them.

Back