Are the Audition compressors straight?

Altaire

Are the audition compressors and other mastering tools alright or should I use this waves shit...

whats your opinion

The difference is that AA uses a lot of presets, which is OK in a lot of situations, but the Wave software offers a lot of control. Naturally, if you don't know what you are doing, presets are better. On the other hand, you will eventually outgrow the AA presets, and long for something with more substance, which is where Waves comes in.

I graduated to Waves about 6 months ago....i rarely use AA's stuff anymore with the exception of the Graphic EQ and noise reduction.

the waves trial i had didn't exactly blow me away, and it took up about 5 different menus just to get to it. the L1/L2/L3 stuff had a very distinct sound, which, to me, sounded like shit.

so waves you pretty much gotta know what youre doing, huh...

i have a trial package too, but i loaded it like a dumbass and never used it and now it wont open. And I cant get rid of the shit so I can reload it...annoying. Its ridiculously expensive anyway, id prolly never buy it.

Audition's EQ bank is very nice, and the amplitude stuff is fine too. I use the onboard limiter and normalizer, and sometimes the Studio Reverb. I use Waves C4 for compression, and the L1 Ultramaxximizer sometimes. I also use BBE Sonic Maximizer from time to time. If you don't have anything else though, the onboard baks are more than effective, it's a nice bundle of stuff.

If you know what you're doing enough to properly adjust compression settings, then AA's compression tools are great. The presets are decent, but merely a starting point.

I've got custom settings for my regular clients, and myself. They work great.

Back