Are Sony UX-PRO cassette's any good?

C Hugo

I just bought some of these tapes on ebay but have never had the chance to ever try them before,has anyone here ever used them and are they any good compared to the likes of TDK SA-X or Maxell XLII-S?They look pretty nice in the picture with there ceramic guides (Don't know if that meens anything?)But how do they sound?I have a top of the line Sony TCKA-3ES 3 head cassette deck..Thanks for any info and Happy Holidays to everyone..C Hugo.

Yes...

Another Bruce here telling you the same thing: Yes, Sony UX PRO is a damn good tape. If I remember correctly, they have ceramic spindles that operate soooooo quietly, unlike a lot of the squeaky Maxell tapes I've used. Of course, this isn't really an issue unless you're recording something with a microphone and are sitting right next to the recorder.

Is the UX PRO tape still being made? I kinda doubt it.

Bruce in Korea

Hi Bruce in Korea !
I just PM'd you - we should do a beer or cafe if you're ever in Seoul.

And I'll third the UX-PRO tapes...
I've still got some from yeeeeears ago that are still great.

Mike

Yo Chugo:

When I used a 488 Tascam 8 tracker, I used the Sony UX Pro cassettes -- those ceramic spinners were quite unique and they did run quietly.

I still use cassette tape for certain applications but it's difficult around here to find the Sony UX Pro.

It is a great product and I still have many cuts that I run into CDR via tape.

Merry Christmas
Green Hornet :D :D :cool:

Back