Are Jade Audio brand cables good?

Cliff K

I can't find info on these (did a search, no luck), but musicansfriend.com is selling an 8x8 TRS snake for $15.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...5022549/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/339062/

They look like HOSA stuff, which I know is not great, but I don't think it's too horrible. I could really use three 8x8 TRS snakes, and I can handle the $45 for three of these Jade Audio snakes (that's about what GC sells one HOSA 8x8 snake for), but what's the point if they're crap. Anyone try these?

As usual, thanks for the help!

I just picked one of these up, it works, and it's more than what you would expect for the price. We'll see if I still have it in a year... but go for it. Use it until you move to something better.

Hey Scooter,
I ended up going to Guitar Center to see if they had the Jade snakes, and they didn't, but they sold me the same thing in Hosa for the price of the Jade (knocked off about %50 on the Hosa snakes). So, if you don't like the Jade, try getting Guitar Center to sell you Hosa for the same price. It's probably the stuff anyway.

Cliff,

I tried the GC route to see if they could order the Jade Audio and they offered to try to match the price with Hosa but could not go quite that low.

Besides I had heard so many complaintes about Hosa I just decided to go with the Jade. Probably the same quality but I wanted to give Jade a shot.

I have had Hosa cables die on me, and they are not user servicable because they are a molded plug, as I think the Jade are, too. When you get yours please post your opinion on them...the price sure is right. :)

I just noticed that in my last post I said, in reference to Hosa, "they are probably the stuff"; I meant to say, "they are probably the same stuff". I didn't mean to say that Hosa is "the stuff", like "Hosa's the s**t, dude!". It's not great stuff.

i have some jade cable lying around. it gets stuff from point A to point B without much ado. keep the lines short and you should be OK.

i wouldnt take them on the road or anything either.

it seems to be EXACTLY the same as hosa to me. or close enough to not matter what the differences are.

man is it cheap! i use it when i run out fancier cables. the signal is not gonna jump out of one box into another... its got to get there somehow... and cheap cable is a heck of a lot better than SILENCE.

I bought one of the Hosa 8 ch trs snakes. It barely, and I mean barely works. If you plug it in and don't touch it, look at it, breathe around it, it might work for awhile. I have lost good takes because it decided to take a crap in the middle of tracking. It really is a piece of shit. Nothing more, nothing less.

HangDawg said:
I bought one of the Hosa 8 ch trs snakes. It barely, and I mean barely works. If you plug it in and don't touch it, look at it, breathe around it, it might work for awhile. I have lost good takes because it decided to take a crap in the middle of tracking. It really is a piece of shit. Nothing more, nothing less.

but if it wasnt there you would have lost EVERY SINGLE TAKE. think of it that way.

i have had hosa snakes, radio shack snakes, some serious behind the patch bay jade audio stuff goin on. luckily, never a failure.

as i have been able to invest more in my studio, i have slowly replaced all this wire with something a bit more durable and hi-fi. but there is a point where you just gotta use what you can afford.

eeldip said:
but if it wasnt there you would have lost EVERY SINGLE TAKE. think of it that way.

What the hell kind of reasoning is that? I would have lost nothing because there wouldn't have been anything to lose.

When I purchase this item, I sort of expected that it would at least perform it's basic function (that being getting the signal from A to B). It failed! Piece of shit, end of story.

It will be the last piece of shit I use I can tell you that, as my cable making supplies arrived today.:D

i was imagining you sitting there with a mixer and a tape deck with all the mics set up and plugged into the mixer...

hoping that somehow the outputs of the mixer would reach your tape deck... maybe pushing them closer and closer until they touched... and yet.. no sound.

anyway, all my hosa cable has worked for its entire life in my studio. i have never had a cable failure on hosa or jade... but like you, most of my cable in my studio is home-made at this point.

eeldip said:
i was imagining you sitting there with a mixer and a tape deck with all the mics set up and plugged into the mixer...

hoping that somehow the outputs of the mixer would reach your tape deck... maybe pushing them closer and closer until they touched... and yet.. no sound.

:D :p :D

Back