applying DYNAMIC effect!

cat-eggs

hi,

well i can do this on my 4-track by turning the knob during mixdown... but how in THE hell do i apply a dynamic effect on the 'puter? i want the effect to just taper off from 100% wet to 100% dry without any noticable cut-off. i'm very confused. i've got acid and cooledit

thanks

Does cooledit support record automation, where it records all your fader moves & knob turns & play them back?

If not, what about envelopes? Can you draw an effects envelope on the track?

If it doesn't have either of these features then I'm not sure how you'd do it

Yea... I dunno what the correct way to do it would be but here's a way it will work In Acid Pro. Make a copy of the dry track. Then make it super wet (how you want the effect to start off with. Then create volume envelopes on the original dry track and the super wet track. Have the wet track start off loud, dry track soft. Decrease volume on the wet track while the dry track comes up at the same time. I think this would give you the effect you're looking for...

okay, well the envelopes work well enough. but the automation would be really cool. i wish n-track had a better interface. it's ghastly

thanks

Granted, If one is to judge n-Track by the FASoft web site alone they may be somewhat misled. A great more time is spent in the development of newer versions and features, than what is spent on updates to the site. Even the PDF manual is a bit dated, in relation to the program version itself. Though great deals of information and support can be found in the Forum and also at Audiominds.com .
As I have posted in this Thread , many aspects of the interface are user configurable to suit ones needs. The still shots from the site and the default install settings don't do the program justice.
It's all to true ... the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover"
In no means am I trying to advocate that everyone should use n-Track, only that the people that may read this thread, and decide to have a look at the program aren't drawn away by the default look of it.

Shown in this picture , you can see the older and dated look of n-Track. This is somewhat similar to the look in the default settings of the current version. With the exception of a few things.
Now, in this picture you can see that many things can be changed to suit your needs. Including the size of the mixer and the VU meters. Give yourself a second screen, and you've got all kinds of space to work. As multi-screens are also supported.
Now with version 4.0, due to be out soon, I expect to see even greater functionality.
As with anything, use what you are most comfortable with and what suits your needs. Those who don't yet know what they need, may find this info useful if they are to have a look at n-Track.

Happy recording!

-Ken

Back