Apple or not

pklost

I am just getting into this recording scene. I currently am using Sonar with a Dell. Will an Apple computer give me anything more?

depends,
how crappy is your computer now, and how good is the apple you are looking at? you should be able to accomplish the same task on both, if they are equal in power. you already have the dell and you already have sonar. switching to mac will force you to learn / buy new software. I would say stick to what you have unless you are unhappy.

I'm not an Apple user but these days I doubt if one has any advantages over the other. From someone with a long IT career, I would say if you are accostomed to one or the other platform, just stay with it.

I know you didn't just call me a noob, canada. Now if you'll kindly take a look at your join date, well how bout that? One month after me!! Just because your busy flappin your jaw at this site doesn't make you a musical prodigy.

very true haha. there a lot of people on here who only have a few posts but every post was valuable. i remember a certain member, manning1, who had 3000+ posts, but most were repeats.

honestly though, i'm gettin my parents an imac just because i think it will be easier for them to learn. I'm not partial either way, I already had sonar so i stuckwith PC.

minofifa said:
I'm not partial either way, I already had sonar so i stuckwith PC.

Same situation with me. Digital Performer = brand new Mac. I suppose its sorta stupid to base a several thousand dollar purchase on the fact that I had a 400 dollar sequencer that would only run Mac. Oh well, I'm still pleased with the outcome of things.

Tifstorey said:
Oh man, i hate these posts so much :(

It's inevitable. New people are going to come to this site and post these questions, and after that...... well, you know the storey.

Last edited:
RhythmRmixd said:
It's inevitable. New people are going to come to this site and post these questions, and after that...... well, you know the story.
I had paved the way for a discussion about blow jobs, but oh no, you and Canada boy had to go start talking about computers.

If you are going to do serious graphic design work, get an Apple. If you are going to do serious video editing, it is debatable, but I think a lot of folks use Apples. If you are doing sound recording and editing, I don't think it much matters beyond personal preference, except that Apples do have a computer that looks like a toaster. To wit:

http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/article/20010222/apple3.jpg

Anyway...

PCs rule.

elevate said:
I had paved the way for a discussion about blow jobs, but oh no, you and Canada boy had to go start talking about computers.

how stupid of us. i guess i was cought off guard with the actual subject of the post. tell you what, you start a new thread and i'll probably chime in.

Back