Apogee Duet/MOTU ultralite/Logic Exp

walkperson

Hi folks,

I've recently started using Logic Express and plan to upgrade from M-box which I've been using with LE so far. I have several questions regarding the recently released Apogee Duet..I'd be grateful for people's input.

a) The apogee duet has two inputs..this for the most part will suit me fine as I work a lot on my own from guit/vox songs. However in the event of me bringing around cronies for a good ole jam is there any way I can record more tracks w/ the Apogee...Could I hook my mixing desk to the duet and feed the extra channels on the desk into the interface?

b) I use some midi on my tracks to fill out the sound, it's why I like Logic Exp so much..However there's no midi on the Apogee interface...I currently use a USB keyboard. This has been great in Logic so far but would it be better to have an interface such as Ultralite MOTU which has MIDI and loads of ins? Is MIDI better thru an interface than USB?

I am drawn to the the MOTU Ultralite as it's cheap and seems to be quite well thought of, has loads of ins just in case I need to do some simultaneous tracking..

Thank you for your thoughts in advance

Hi folks,

I've recently started using Logic Express and plan to upgrade from M-box which I've been using with LE so far. I have several questions regarding the recently released Apogee Duet..I'd be grateful for people's input.

a) The apogee duet has two inputs..this for the most part will suit me fine as I work a lot on my own from guit/vox songs. However in the event of me bringing around cronies for a good ole jam is there any way I can record more tracks w/ the Apogee...Could I hook my mixing desk to the duet and feed the extra channels on the desk into the interface?
Yes, HOWEVER...

It will be blended as a single track and you will not be able to break the individual tracks out should you need to manipulate them.

The Sound of the Apogee Duet will be worlds of difference better than the MOTU, from what I've heard. The MOTO has more I/O. That is the trade-off. I'd get the Apogee and continue to load your MIDI tracks via USB.

Back