Apogee Duet Flashing Not Working?

Hi everybody, I had this problem before but did not keeps notes on how I solved it. It was pretty easy so I didn’t make a note of it. The duet is flashing alternately between the logo and the level-meter screen. This started happening because I turned the computer on with the four track attached to the Apogee outputs already on. This was a big mistake! Does anybody know what to do to reset the duet. It does not work if you plug in the USB lead with the button held down. In this case it just goes back to how it was. Flashing alternately between the two screens.

Thanks for any help,
Gareth

Hi everybody, I had this problem before but did not keeps notes on how I solved it. It was pretty easy so I didn’t make a note of it. The duet is flashing alternately between the logo and the level-meter screen. This started happening because I turned the computer on with the four track attached to the Apogee outputs already on. This was a big mistake! Does anybody know what to do to reset the duet. It does not work if you plug in the USB lead with the button held down. In this case it just goes back to how it was. Flashing alternately between the two screens.
Is it the Speaker Icon that is flashing? If so it means the output is muted. To reset the Duet press and hold the encoder for 5 seconds. All settings will return to their default state. BTW is this a Mac or a PC? If running a Mac with Big Sur the Duet sometimes screws up.

Thanks Papanate, I will try resetting it by pressing and holding the encoder for 5 seconds tomorrow. (I assume that is the main silver dial). It’s rigged up to a different computer to what I’m on normally, in my recording studio room, basically the spare room! I think I have held it down for much longer than five seconds already but can’t be sure so I’ll do it again.

The speaker icon is not shown. It’s just the Apogee logo (A) and the level meter screen alternating between the two and after a while it just turns itself off completely. It is attached to a Mac but I have not heard of “Big Sur” I assume that’s the new operating system . This mac is from 2014. I know it’s old!

Ok, I can confirm that pressing the silver dial for 5 seconds does not do anything. Is it permanently knackered? Is there a way of returning it to the factory default and starting all over over again?

When you open the Maestro application it says “no Apogee device is found” Thanks again.

Back