Aphex compellor 300 help

capnreverb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked one up after reading a bit about them and how transparent they are. I googled the daylights out of it and there is no manual to be had. I have some basic questions that I am hoping some of you can help with.

Is the in/out switch basically a bypass button?

I was running the mix through it and the process balance and threshold knobs do not seem to affect the sound in a way that I can really hear. The drive and output sure do work. I know its transparent, but am I missing something? Same goes with the stereo enhance button, I can hear no change.

Now, on doing some research on what info is out there, i found out there is a jumper inside for input and output volume. A couple folks said this can really change the sound of the compression/limiting. The options are either -10, 0, +4 and +8. Mine is set right now for +4 on both input and output. Is this where you have it set at?

Whats with the metering options?

Thanks!!!!!

Thanks, I will give that a study, but the 320 has a lot more features that are not found on the 300. I wish there was a manual for 300 on the net, but google has let me down.

A couple years ago I wrote Aphex with questions about internal pots in a stomp box compressor and got back (after a while) a very detailed response. Send them an email. They might even have a manual available.

Back