Aphex 207 preamp

randyfromde

I picked one up the other day to replace my Behringer MX602a mixer. Clearly an improvement, but I guess that goes without saying!

One thing I like is the "MicLim" feature, which is just a built in switchable compressor that keeps you from overloading the input. A useful feature it seems, although I haven't gotten the levels that high to put it to use. My soundcard doesn't accept a signal that hot. Guess my next purchase will be an outboard compressor ;-)

It also has a polarity switch, pad, and low cut switch, all features that the Behringer mixer didn't.

Just wondering if anyone else had used one and had an opinion compared to other 2-channel preamps at this price point (~$350) or below. So far, it seems to have a slightly darker sound than my old mixer, although I've only recorded using my MXLV67.

do u have any sound samples with the Aphex and v67? It would enlighten all of us if you could take some audio samples!

-dejacky

Hows it coming with this? What kind of stuff are you recording and experiencing with it? Real curious over here...

Cheers.

Back