anyone with exp with a: Tech 21 DD3X Double Drive 3X Pedal?

MatchBookNotes

I've never really heard of this brand before, but i was on the ever illusive hunt for the perfect OD to my ears and I played with this thing and thought it was a very good idea and versatile, especially for life applications with the programing of the individual channels.
Anyone have one of these? I can't find any reviews online, and i want to know if its durable enough to drop $200+ bones on it or not.
thanks

I can't comment on the DD3X but Tech 21 stuff pretty much as a rule is built to last. You could probably drive nails with some of their pedals.

Fletch

I used to have:

Trademark 60 (combo amp)
SansAmp GT2
SansAmp Bass DI
SansAmp Acoustic DI
XXL Overdrive

liked them all, very well made and sound good, but at this day and age would rather spend the money on tube amp(s). Wait, I did!

But I do have the sansamp clones by Behringer - GDI21 (gt2), BDI21 (bass di) and ADI21 (acoustic di) - they sound just as good to me and at $30 they just live in the gear bag for backup, direct box applications, etc. i've used the gdi21 live for electric guitar and sounded great. wish behringer made a triple-channel (or at least dual) model.

then again, Tech 21 stuff is so rugged that buying used is a great idea (still too much money for my purposes, though). at least, if you don't like it or don't need it you can resell without loosing much.

Back