Anyone willing to Volunteer to master tracks for my album for me?

Jude2010

I'm working on an album and i'm looking to get it to sound as professionally as i can
ATM i do not own a pair of studio monitors which are crucial for mixing and mastering successfully.(and i plan to get some soon, as soon the money comes :L)
I only own some studio headphones which i've used to mix the instrumentals with vocal tracks which turned out quite acceptable imo. any ways if anyone is looking for some practise on mastering track and wouldn't mind taking on the task i'd appreciate it very much
there are 11 tracks . about recorded already
these are mainly hip-hop tracks by the way

here's a link to sample work i've done YouTube - Chaîne de TheOfficialYJ

any questions leave a comment

I can provide the mixed instrumental track and individual vocal tracks for easier mixing/mastering as a download

Thanks In advance, Jude

Yup. I'm setting up a mastering room and soliciting work. Until I build a rep, my fee is $0. Email me at dogn4u@gmail.com and we'll discuss the format you can send me and what you're looking for. What have you got to lose? A fifty cent DVD+ROM?

Thanks Jude - hope to hear from you. BTWE - some of the equipment your songs will b e run through include an LA-2A compressor; Teltronix compressor/limiter; Pultec Pro tube EQ.

BTWE - some of the equipment your songs will b e run through include an LA-2A compressor; Teltronix compressor/limiter; Pultec Pro tube EQ.
Very interesting gear choice -- Mono units almost never found in a mastering studio (Except maybe a carefully matched pair of Pultecs... But I digress).

Care to elaborate a bit?

Very interesting gear choice -- Mono units almost never found in a mastering studio (Except maybe a carefully matched pair of Pultecs... But I digress).

Care to elaborate a bit?

MM, I'm warning you right now...if this thread turns into a flamefest filled with gear snobbery and technical jargon, I will only read the insults. So keep it comprehensible and vulgar, please.

Care to elaborate a bit?

Sure. I was waiting for someone to ask for a pic of this equipment (which in reality I could never afford) and I was going to send a screen shot from my UAD plug-ins. It was a joke, and not a very good or funny one. My point was going be that the UAD plug-ins are as good as (or better) than the hardware. Did you really think some schmuck on the HOME recording forum would have vintage equipment like this?
BTW: here's a stereo Pultec EQ (made by Anna's company...but a Pultec nonetheless.
Jude, Massive's unsolicited comments notwithstanding, I'd still love to give it a go.

Back