anyone willing to do mixing?

philpereira

every now and then there's an occasional person willing to mix other people's music. i wanted to see if an aspiring mixer would like to mix some songs for me. so far i have one complete song, but i anticipate more in the future. i've basically discovered that my mixing is fine for playing mp3's, but one of the things on my life's "to-do list" is to produce a fairly professional sounding album of my songs, and i'm not really getting CD quality out of my current mixing setup. all i have are headphones and pc speakers, so i guess i'd need someone with proper studio monitors to do this. i've also found that i'm spending more time trying to mix and such than i am finishing my songs. anyway, here's the song i was thinking of having mixed:

http://www.recordingproject.com/bbs/download.php?id=10223&passcode=600dfa8de61f89072bb83e63b6ae0002

if that doesn't work try this link:
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=483544&T=9581 note:there's different bass on this one, it was replaced by better bass in the link above.

if anyone knows of any websites with aspiring producers/engineers feel free to post those too so i can bother the right people. thanks for putting up with this!

http://192.168.1.101/smile/ here's the directory with all the files. forgive me if the downloading is slow, i'm hosting this on my home PC. smile.wav is my latest mix of it, if that helps for anything. i did this in adobe audition, but didn't include the session file since some people are working on different platforms. i'm sure you can line up the files based on what i have as a final. one of the files (track 3(4)) is an ending solo it sounds a bit off, so you might want to hold off adding that in unless you feel it sounds good. anyway, appreciate the effort by all and look forward to hearing the different mixes.

crap lol you're right. i used to use a hub to split up our internet into separate ip's. now i have a wireless router. i need to figure out the external ip

hmm, i guess i can't host due to my router. i'll have to get back to everyone regarding the link to the tune. my bad :(

NL5 said:
Dude - that's your local IP. :D

you know of any good wav hosting options? my song is like 180MB

are people here able to decode .ape files? that might help make things more manageable. i have comcast, but only get 25MB for hosting. and of course, it wouldn't help to encode everything to mp3 and such since that would degrade the quality of the sound. sounds like i'm getting in over my head here lol

philpereira said:
you know of any good wav hosting options? my song is like 180MB

are people here able to decode .ape files? that might help make things more manageable. i have comcast, but only get 25MB for hosting. and of course, it wouldn't help to encode everything to mp3 and such since that would degrade the quality of the sound. sounds like i'm getting in over my head here lol

Hey send me an email at swr@nlrstudio.com , and I'll send you the ftp info and you can put it on my server....

I would give it a go, but I can't seem to get it from your site (philpereira). If you send it to NL5 I'll be able to get it from him...

philpereira said:
it's back up, i think my connection was down during the night. :)
Oh I see...I guess you don't need my file after all.
Looks like you got it under control.
I bow out. Carry on gentlemen.

C

unfortunately, no. i did some effects, and in hindsight i should have left some tracks completely raw. the bass and acoustic guitar are raw though. in the future i'm going to have to remember to save the unadulterated tracks. but i was going for a distinct effect with the vocals and electric guitar that i like.

figured i'd push this to the top so that it stays somewhat relevant for a little while longer. no need to start a new thread when this one will do

Back