Anyone wants to lay a vocal track? (punk/emo/alt)

tenkas

Anyone wants to lay down a track on this song that I just recorded (and wrote).

I just recorded the song this weekend (and wrote it this weekend also!)

Here are the crapy lyrics that my French Canadian brain were able to spit in a few minutes (7 minutes... lol)

Staring at you everyday
Makes me someone
Who dares to care about you
Who dares to belive in you

Your eyes are so cold
Why don't you look at me
The tears on your lips
Are results of my fury

The choices you make
tearing me appart
Making me cry
I am falling appart
Making me sad
I feel within your life
The cruel world of envy
that is upon my sight

WIthout any knowledge about life
I drift around a life that I haven't chose
I would like to make everything fall appart
and I would like to make everything as I want

But someday you will understand
That not one can stand up
But only we can catch up

If you want, you can but your own lyrics.

I am just looking for some stuff to mix, practicing...

Here is the MP3, you can record in Wav 24 bits 44.1khz

PM me if you want any additional info, I am open to any kind of voice...

Thanks

Here is the link:

To bad I don't have the means of recording vocals right now... I'd do some vocals for you just to kill an emo tune. I hate emo.

But you did a pretty good job recording it thou!

Link should be up and bullet proof (just tested it and never had problems...) If it persists, I will send it by e-mail if you want.

Thanks

i might give it a go with my own lyrics...... as for yours... you arent much of a lyricist but the recording sounds good. the bass drum and the toms could come up a bit.

Hi,
I really wrote that stuff in 7 minutes... and I am a French Canadian... My English is not has develloped has my French...

I would really appreciate you record vocals, I can't wait to mix them in!

(The mix was only a quick balance, and thanks for the comments)

Not much on the genre either, but I am impressed with the tune none the less... How did you do the guitars (and the drums)?

I'd be interested in laying down some vocals.

Can't do it now, as it is 11:30pm and I would surely bother or wake someone up.
I'll give it a shot later, though!

Cool! Anyone who wants to do it feel free!

Drums: Drumagog (samples from Farview) (I programmed everything)
GUitars: Amplitube 2
Bass: Fender jazz bass
Keyboard: Kurzweil PC1x

Cool guys, differents vocal tracks would definitively be cool (would end up with different mixes, different technics) I mainly want to mix a song for fun.

Thanks

Sorry I haven't given this a shot (yet).. If I think of an idea then I will surely record it.

puddytay said:
Ok I recorded it again even though I have the rule of never recording the same thing twice... It doesn't sound as good as it did the first time, but I think it still sounds ok... It's not mixed at all.... I usually just rap so this was completely different for me... Let me know if you like what I started and I'll re-record the rest of the track tomorrow... I swear I wrote this is 30 seconds. I was really feeling the tune.
http://download.yousendit.com/A834056D0BE8FF14
Hey, mind posting the lyrics you're singing? I can hear most, but some I missed. Sounds pretty good!

Very cool!
I wish I could sing like you.

Can you send post ONLY the VOCALS (I guess there are multiple layers... 2 or 3) so if you can send them, I would really appreciate!

If possible, just the dry tracks (no FX, no EQ, etc).

Also, if anyone wants to try different lyrics, different style of singing, I am open to doing multiple version of 1 song.

Thanks

Francois

im kind of interested in trying it out ill let you know when i do it

Very Cool!

I will post the final version on the forum, no problem.

Just send me what you have taped (no plugins) If you have already used some EQ that is PRINTED to track, do not modify it, I will live with it, but I would prefer a dry, no eq, no nothing track.

If you are really into it, I could record the tracks again, no FX at all in the chain and I dunno how you recorded, but there seems to be a few pops and sibillant parts (maybe due to bass boost and highs boost on the EQ).

A few little parts are off time also, but the energy is there man! THanks

Again, thanks, this is going to be a great collab!

Here is the same link, but this is an updated version of the songs
(I quickly mixed it with the vocals, small amount of limiting)

Here it is:

Comments?

This is just for fun... THanks!

Muffled???

I find the vocals too high-fi (seems like a V EQ was applied) and I believe that there was too much proximity effect at the begining (too close to the microphone).

I did some EQ, little compression on the vox but couldn't do better. Also, I just took what you gave me...

I find the instruments have space, but can you tell me more about what you find muffled? I would like to correct my mix...

THanks for the comments!

Back