Anyone want to listen?

MacNasty

Hi everyone, after lurking for a while I have decided to take the plunge and ask your opinions of my songs.....any opinions will be gladly received.

Thanks in advance and here is the address.

www.dan-island.co.uk

Hmmm...

Sound like you went a little crazy with EQ in the first clip -- excessive (and unpleasant) high-end and the kick had too much "point". The mix had a strange hollowness to it, as if the tracks weren't really working well together.

The second was much more balanced with a more realistic tone overall. A little bit excessive fingersqueak in some places - *some* is nice but sounds like you may have overcompressed the guitars, causing the squeak to be exagerrated.

I wouldn't put such obvious reverb on the vocals -- go for a more natural sound that kind of blends naturally into the track. Very often, if you can hear the reverb, you've used too much.

I am no expert by any means but I thought Butterfly painted a really good visual picture for me.

Also as far as the reverb goes it depends on what you are going after. Some of my songs I want reverb loud and clear that is the whole point so if that is what you were going for then more power to ya.

Keep up the good work.

Back