Anyone want to help mix my first logic recording?

Lkoz91

So me and a friend that are now both taking music courses in college recorded a song that I wrote. We only worked with an mbox 2 so we could only use 2 mics to record the drums. I've really never mixed anything this complex so I was wondering if someone could throw me some pointers with eqing or possibly even help us mix it yourself! I'm not sure what would be the best way to share a logic file, possibly email?

Here's the recording: http://www.divshare.com/download/9943276-38b

So me and a friend that are now both taking music courses in college recorded a song that I wrote. We only worked with an mbox 2 so we could only use 2 mics to record the drums. I've really never mixed anything this complex so I was wondering if someone could throw me some pointers with eqing or possibly even help us mix it yourself! I'm not sure what would be the best way to share a logic file, possibly email?

Here's the recording: http://www.divshare.com/download/9943276-38b

So let me get this straight, you're not asking us to do your home work are you? :rolleyes:

haha my bad, i just think it sounds awful and its my first time mixing something raw like that. i wouldn't mind doing it myself at all i just need some pointers, i really dont know much about it. i mean the drumset we used too has a cracked crash and i used the ride as a crash so that may also be whats keeping it from potentially sounding proffessional. Idk though, any advice would be appreciated. My bad for coming off like I wanted you to do it for me.

haha my bad, i just think it sounds awful and its my first time mixing something raw like that. i wouldn't mind doing it myself at all i just need some pointers, i really dont know much about it. i mean the drumset we used too has a cracked crash and i used the ride as a crash so that may also be whats keeping it from potentially sounding proffessional. Idk though, any advice would be appreciated. My bad for coming off like I wanted you to do it for me.

Just checking on the homework thing ;)

A couple things jump right out. The Drums sit way back in the mix and listening in headphones the bass seems a bit buried. The synth part is too loud as is the acoustic guitars but that might just be because the drums and bass need to come up.

The song is not bad and I've heard worse mixes so just keep working at it. You might also want to post this in the MP3 mixing clinic since that is where you'll get more to critique the mix.

I don't have logic but I'd be willing to take a shot at mixing it if you can post the individual wav files on an ftp site somewhere. I assume the tracks are just wav files?

I'm gonna take a stab at this myself and work on mixing it some more. I'll post the final product when we're done with it in the mp3 clinic board. Thanks for the advice man but I wouldn't know how to send each individual wav file without messing up the song in its entirety.

Back