Anyone want to buy a (famous) Guitar?

Say, I've got an Epiphone acoustic that must have belonged to Eddie Van Halen, because it's got his name scratched on it. I wonder how much it's worth? :)

You know, all in all, the estimates on some of those seem a little lower than I would have thought, particularly for "Blackie". Some of those pre-war Martins would go for $20,000-$30,000 without the benefit of having been owned by Clapton. Pretty cool though. Wish I could afford to get one of them so it could remain a player. The one problem I have with this kind of auction is that those guitars, which are sure to be some really great sounding guitars, are now going to end up in glass cases, never getting played.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Yep that's definitely EVH's guitar alright crazy... you can also tell from that other scratch at the base of the bridge where he went for the whammy bar only to remember too late that it was an acoustic. He was like that...

I'll give you a million for it, OK?

Crazydoc!

What you can do is write to the VanHalen fan club and have them to give you some details about it's authenticity.

Perhaps they might even be able ask VanHalen himself.

In that case you can get somethin in writing from them, atleast partially suporting it's authenticity.

Until then you can never tell if it's really authentic or not.

Good luck.

With regard to that Clapton guitar on auction, I would never buy it even if I had a billion bucks!

It's a purely a collectors item and as for me it's junk, considering the fact that I would never be able to play my best on that guitar. Also, the fact that Clapton is one of the most overated guitar players out there does not interest me the least.

One good use for it: Invite all your friends to a party and them show it to them "Look here....it's a clapton guitar". Then your friends will go "WOW...you are kidding....no way...WOW".

And then I will go "yup, i spent $150K"
Then you friends will go "wow"

Well we all get the idea....

Sorry!

I thought musicians were supposed to have senses of humor?

Btw-about that VH guitar......I have one like that too now. Any buyers?

Floyd said:
Btw-about that VH guitar......I have one like that too now. Any buyers?
Actually, I think I have another one that belonged to Jesus Christ. Let me go out to the garage and check. :D

crazydoc said:
Actually, I think I have another one that belonged to Jesus Christ. Let me go out to the garage and check. :D
He'll probably get it back from you later. :D

i must have one of those jesus acoustic guitars too.....it's got stigmata right in the middle of the body........

:D

wade

mrface2112 said:
i must have one of those jesus acoustic guitars too.....it's got stigmata right in the middle of the body........

:D

wade
Is this the one?

Attachments

• guitar.jpg
    guitar.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 48
Back