Anyone want a bunch of free plugs?

jaybriggs84

Just thought I'd let you guys know of a new site you might not have seen yet. Tons of plugs, I haven't really gotten to test them out, but maybe a few guys on here could try out a few and report back. Lots of "emulations" of vintage gear like an 1176, a distrssor and a fairchild. They graphic design is really good, and they're all free. I'll try to post some shootouts between them and other plugs.

http://antress.webng.com/

I hate trying to access anything with this damn gov't pc. I'll have to wait a couple weeks. I'll let you know what I think then.

I thought they sued this guy into submission... I understand (allegedly) that half the GUI's a ripped from other plugs (many UAD's, etc.) and of course, he (allegedly) has no permission from the other companies (Manley, Neve, etc., etc., etc., etc.) to be using their likeness (which is a high-buck gig to be sure).

And then he has the balls to put:
All product names used in this website are trademarks of their respective owners,
which are in no way associated or affiliated with Modern Plugins.
These trademarks of other manufacturers,
are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers,
whose sounds were studied during Modern Plugin’s sound model development.
The [SELF-CENSORED]-ing CONTROLS aren't even the same on half those things. A Vari-Mu?!? You STUDIED IT?!? The 160? The Vulture?!?

Gimmie a friggin' break...

IMO, One or two rather crappy sounding algorithms ported to 20 different GUI's.

I thought they sued this guy into submission... I understand (allegedly) that half the GUI's a ripped from other plugs (many UAD's, etc.) and of course, he (allegedly) has no permission from the other companies (Manley, Neve, etc., etc., etc., etc.) to be using their likeness (which is a high-buck gig to be sure).

And then he has the balls to put:

The [SELF-CENSORED]-ing CONTROLS aren't even the same on half those things. A Vari-Mu?!? You STUDIED IT?!? The 160? The Vulture?!?

Gimmie a friggin' break...

IMO, One or two rather crappy sounding algorithms ported to 20 different GUI's.
Coming from you, looks like I won't bother even coming back to find this thread when I get home. I think I would rather pay for them and have tech assist among other things.

yeah, after playing around with these a bit they do seem a little cheesy. however, i like the fairchild emulator and the graphic design is cool, hahaha! :rolleyes:;):D

I'd bet a few bucks that he had nothing to do with the graphic design on those... The older ones, you could actually see where someone PhotoShopped the "UAD" from the 1176. The Manley photos were taken right off the web site (etc., etc., etc.).

Even if they were decent sounding plugs -- I'd still have issues... Trademark/copyright/intellectual property infringement (allegedly, allegedly, allegedly) perps deserve no mercy.

I tried to load these when someone else mentioned them a while back. They seemed quite buggy to me, and I couldn't get them to work on my system. At the time I had no idea about these other issues. Thanks for the heads up MM.

Back