Anyone wanna try mastering?

andyhix

:dank:
I posted the following at the other place and got some response, but thought I'd try here too.

My band is closing in on completion of our third CD. Since we've long since lost any hope or interest in "making it big" or getting rich off our music, we've decided that any proceeds we might make from this CD will go to charity - likely something to benefit preemie kids, kids with CP, or something similar.

A previous drummer and good friend had twins at 24 weeks that are dealing with CP and several other issues. We figure whatever few bucks we can make from our CD would be more valuable to March of Dimes, or something than it would split 3 ways between the guys in the band.

So, to keep costs down, we are DIYing as much as we can - recording, mixing, CD art, etc. It's been a real collaborative effort thus far, with help from locals Rami and Greg_L on drums, and Photoshop expert Dwillis volunteering to help with the artwork.

I'll master it myself if I have to, but it would be really cool if we could get some fresh ears to master it. Even if it's nothing more than some light comp, xfades, and setting track marker points, it would be cool. If you want to get fancy with stereo enhancers, MBC, and other fancy gizmos, that's cool too, obviously.

So, who wants to give it a whirl? PM me if you're interested. I realize I'm kind of asking for something for nothing...but hopefully the charity aspect might be worth something to someone. Plus, I'd be more than happy to reciprocate the favor one way or another...

Oh - it's somewhat psychedelic indie rock...I guess. :confused:

so what's the word on this... Just puting the finishing touches on my new mixing environment like to see how it translates.

so what's the word on this...

The word is MSHilarious is one of the coolest mofos on the planet. He's agreed to help us out.

edit: That said, if you are looking for something to tinker with, I'm more than happy to let you have a crack at it.

The word is MSHilarious is one of the coolest mofos on the planet. He's agreed to help us out.

edit: That said, if you are looking for something to tinker with, I'm more than happy to let you have a crack at it.

Yeah PM me a link, I'd like to give it a go!

I'll just post a quick update here for anyone who wants to try this:

I had band practice/mix/meeting last night. We still have a few final tweaks to make. Might be done tonight with any luck. At that point, I'll PM anyone here who was interested, and we'll figure out how to get the files to you.

Thanks to all of you for your generosity. Very cool.

Back