Anyone using a mixer, please help a newb!

TheOverallKyle

Ok, so here's the setup, then the confusion of concepts: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reaper
Behringer C-2 overhead condensers
Rockband USB Mic (dont laugh too hard)
Behringer UCA202 interface
Behringer Eurorack UB1204fx-pro mixer

Ok, I am having some trouble so I will list my questions by numbers:

1) When using a mixer like one not on the computer, I am having trouble on how you mix your tracks that you have recorded already.

2) Can someone make a video or tutorial on how to hook mics to a mixer for drums and go through the process of recording then mixing them?

3) Should I RCA line in my mixer to laptop or use the audio interface or does it matter?

4) Can you hook mics to mixer using XLR-1/4" into line in under mic preamps? When I try it, there's no sound or anything.

That's all I can think of now, but i'm sure there will be more...

Ok, so here's the setup, then the confusion of concepts: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reaper
Behringer C-2 overhead condensers
Rockband USB Mic (dont laugh too hard)
Behringer UCA202 interface
Behringer Eurorack UB1204fx-pro mixer

Ok, I am having some trouble so I will list my questions by numbers:

1) When using a mixer like one not on the computer, I am having trouble on how you mix your tracks that you have recorded already.

2) Can someone make a video or tutorial on how to hook mics to a mixer for drums and go through the process of recording then mixing them?

3) Should I RCA line in my mixer to laptop or use the audio interface or does it matter?

4) Can you hook mics to mixer using XLR-1/4" into line in under mic preamps? When I try it, there's no sound or anything.

That's all I can think of now, but i'm sure there will be more...

1) Are you trying to mix your tracks on your outboard mixer, rather than with the computer program?

2) There are already lots of youtube videos on how to mic drums.

3) I wouldn't RCA your mixer to your computer's soundcard, Hook it up to your audio interface instead. The audio interface you list above has a left and right stereo RCA input, use that. It will probably be better quality.

4) Your mics require phantom power, so you have to use xlr to xlr, the line in doesn't supply power. This is why there's no sound.

Whats up man!!!!!

Hey.......head on over to http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm .......this should pretty much answer all of your questions!!!!!!!!

OH!!!!!!!!

Dont stop reading after you have read the tutorial on mixers.......read ALL OF IT.............................................................MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

..................................really though. lol. Its one heck of a guide man........you will like this.....a verrry much.

CHEERS!!!!!!

Back