Anyone using a 512M CF card w/ MR-8???

bizzwriter

Anyone using a 512M CF card in their MR-8? What brand/model#? Just wondering -- there are no approved 512s on the updated Fostex list.

I think we are all waiting for the first guinnea pig...

A source that would take returns without restocking fees would help.

Hmmm...I'm very tempted to give the Viking 512M card a try. The specs look the same as the Viking 256M card, which seems to work fine, so it just might do the trick.

And...There's a rebate on right now, so final price on Amazon.com is $155. I hate spending so much on memory, but I got a great price on the MR-8 (Musician's Friend scratch and dent special) that would help make up for it. Amazon's return policy is pretty liberal -- I didn't see any special exclusions or restocking charges for memory cards.

I just might have to take one for the team...

Hi,
I have a trancend 512mb and its working pretty good ( however it was moved off the confirmed list). On 1st day I believe a vacumn cleaner caused a low power condition and I got a card error 14. One more error has occurred since with several hours of use (it leaves the files) - I'm planning a low level format if it fails again and with the new software update maybe its all right now (I'll report back).

www.mydigitaldiscount.com has great prices and exchanged the 20x card that didnot work for the 30X-- no questions asked !!

redStar8

Thanks for the tip, RedStar -- I see that they also have the Ridata 512M cards -- it's high speed and the price is good ($159 -- no rebate!). That might be worth a try, too (the 256M version is on the Fostex approved list).

DO YOU NEED MEMORy card for the fostex? or can i just hook itstraight to my pc and jus record it like that. expample...ltriton LE to mr8 to pc. is that okay? mr8 with mic extensions and stuff, to record vocals while i'm at it. doing voice overs and everything. does the mr8 work that way? if u understand. thanks

aziaddict said:
...or can i just hook it straight to my pc and just record it like that?

It is not a computer interface, like the Event EZBus, for example. You have to record onto the MR-8 - it can not pass through directly to the computer.

yeah thats something i need. Does anyone know about any other interfaces with that price range of the event EZbus or tascamu428 or something like that. please help. thanks alot.

thanks. i was lookin into that one. does it support PRO tools? is there any other control surfaces i should consider?...thanks ya'll.

Back