anyone use this anymore lol

Nu Krimson

this sections been dead for ages, I just became acid pro 6 obsessed,got myself a cheap copy, been learning it, making good use of the busses,effects,creating my own presets, only thing i wished this had was an adobe audition style of time editing, value editing, that old drag and zoom method shits me, but yeh any other acid pro users alive? :cool:

I still use it all the time. It's a great quick scratchpad and all of my songs start out in it. Many of them are completed in it too.

I can't say why it isn't more popular. It's as simple as garage band but with some decent power tools for serious production work.

I use Acid 4, mostly as a sketchpad. Acid 5 is a resource hog, so I don't use it. And I already use Vegas for mutitracking, so I didn't bother to upgrade to Acid 6. Still using Sound Forge for editing and "mastering." And CD Architect rules!

cool, I got Adobe audition 3, much easier as a main DAW but I have no idea why i'm so attatched to Acid Pro 6, been using all acids since acid pro 3,prob thats why lol.. But yeh, IMO Acid Pro 6 is very underrated as a DAW, usually overlooked at many other discussions i see.

Also on my other older pc I still have Acid pro 4 installed to :) , Acid pro 6 is WAY to slow on it so I keep 4 on it haha

Also on my other older pc I still have Acid pro 4 installed to :) , Acid pro 6 is WAY to slow on it so I keep 4 on it haha

Oh hell yeah, I still got 4 in rotation too. Resource-wise it rocks the heck out of 6. There are a couple tracks that I made in 4 that won't play properly in 6 because I run out of horsepower :rolleyes:

Acid is great for loop-based stuff, but Vegas is kicks ass for multitracking. It's also an amazing non-linear video editor, too.

Acid is great for loop-based stuff, but Vegas is kicks ass for multitracking. It's also an amazing non-linear video editor, too.

Hey MadAudio,

I am starting to think about getting into video stuff, specifically non linear style. I know I can go look at the specs for the software but it would be more helpful to hear from an actual user about the performance of a program.

Can you tell me a bit about your experience with Vegas for this?

Thanks!!!!

yes

here we are a year later and I still use it and love it. recording software has come so far... don't waste your time chasing the new stuff... better to learn what ya got and make stuff. ; )

I use Vegas to edit video and found it simple and powerful...there are also a lot of programs that will accompany it....check out videoguys.com

I'll try to find the video I completed for my band on youtube..It was done on the fly but still a desent learning curve...

[video=youtube;<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XajBzfpoA_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/XajBzfpoA_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>]video[/video]

I don't mix in the box very often, but I have actually used Vagas and it works very well as a multi track audio program.

Still using sound forge too.

Alan.

I still can't beat Sound Forge 4.5 for quick, down, and dirty recording and easy editing of mastered tracks. If I need multi-track, I'll go Sonar or Reaper, but I can't get rid of my 4.5!:D

Back