Anyone tried the Edirol MA5A mini monitors?

Rudy2

Howdy all,

Yes, I know this is a double-post, but there are some questions that make it hard to target a specific group, so I feel justified in doing this. Send me a pm if you don't agree.

I need an inexpensive (and portable) powered speaker system to monitor playback of my Fostek MR-8 so everyone in my ensemble can immediately hear the results. Has anyone tried the Edirol MA5A? Any other recommendations? Think cheap! Thanks.

Rudy2

They'll do a basic job. Can you get to M-Audio BX4's? I think that's the number. They'll be a little more $ but will be better...

billisa said:
They'll do a basic job. Can you get to M-Audio BX4's? I think that's the number. They'll be a little more $ but will be better...

I think you probably meant the DX-4. Yep, I am sure they are better but cost nearly four times as much. Since the speakers will be packed up and knocked around, I was wondering about the new Behringer MS16? It is bi-amplified with 8w per speaker and they look like strudy hunks of plastic. I am sure the DX-4's are a better speaker though...

Rudy2

Back