anyone please help ac15cc1x bye bye

orson198305

Hello, just bought a new Vox AC15CC1x amp, sounded really quite good, second day of having it switched on, the power the light came on for a second then back off. Checked all the fuses etc (i think it's the new solid state rectifier that at fault)

Anyway I'm really buggered to be quite honest, i have been saving up for a guitar amp for recording for ages then this happens. I am off work sick cause i've just had a nervous breakdown (no joke) and cant leave the house without having a panic attack.

Can anyone please give me advice on a recording amp, that gives a really big thick warm overdriven sound. (I have a twin reverb that's too clean i need dirt) the same sort of guitar sound as joy division, my bloody valentine dead organic sounding. I was thinking mabye going solid state but i really don't know, cause i can't leave the house to try anything.

orson198305 said:
Hello, just bought a new Vox AC15CC1x amp, sounded really quite good, second day of having it switched on, the power the light came on for a second then back off. Checked all the fuses etc (i think it's the new solid state rectifier that at fault)

Anyway I'm really buggered to be quite honest, i have been saving up for a guitar amp for recording for ages then this happens. I am off work sick cause i've just had a nervous breakdown (no joke) and cant leave the house without having a panic attack.

Can anyone please give me advice on a recording amp, that gives a really big thick warm overdriven sound. (I have a twin reverb that's too clean i need dirt) the same sort of guitar sound as joy division, my bloody valentine dead organic sounding. I was thinking mabye going solid state but i really don't know, cause i can't leave the house to try anything.

So take it back and get a replacement. I don't see what the problem is?

I'm not sure I'd get a Vox again if I were you. I heard tons of bad things about them but still wanted one anyway. Then I went to a guitar shop one day and watched a pretty talented kid play on an ac30 head. After about 10 minutes it started smoking and stunk real bad like electrical burning. Now I'm not sure I'm ever buying one.

i have two ac15ccx1s. ive had no problems. i got them both from North Coast Music which are well known Beatles gear dealers. Before they ship out the AC15CC they bench test all the tubes and break in the speakers for you. No joke! I even have one in fawn tolex that they customized.

As far as a thick warm recording amp my favorite amp is my Gibson Goldtone 5 watt GA-5 Les Paul jr amp. Its pretty loud for its size but not going to kill your ears. It sounds GREAT recorded with a Sennheiser e609 silver up to the speaker.

I have some pretty killer tube amps in my collection but I keep returning to the little 5 watt for a great warm sound. The VOX recrds great oo but Ive been really digging the Gibson!

Let me know if you wanna hear a recent mp3 i made with the little gibson amp.

Back