anyone play a trumpet/sax/trombone?

antomicblitz

I had a pretty neat idea... I am recording a punk/ska song and I was wondering if maybe someone would like to overlay something neat to give the song a "ska" feel ;). It doesn't have to be super complicated or anything... and please don't be shy... odds are, you're probably a better musician than me :D. If you want to try it, I'll give you a link to the audio file... what you would then do is open the song in whatever recording program you like, play something, and then just solo your part and export it as an mp3. anyone interested? :P

oh and also, if anyone is curious as to what it sounds like.... imagine that nofx and sublime had a baby or something... :P

oh and if anyone wanted to see the lyrics... here they are :P.. positive/negative feed back is ok :).
unfortunately, I have had a cold, so I was unable to sing them...

Preparation, accusation
the politicians laugh
infiltration, domination,
all carried out as planned

The final battle will be waged
our final payment will be made
so write a check
out to death
cuz we owe more than we thought
Our selfish quest in the name of greed
will make us limp and crawl

The opposition may have sides
yet still it's man against his own kind.
called to arms, no second thoughts
no peaceful ease of mind
our stupid quest to serve our best is just our suicide

This whole thing was preventable
had we only cared to slow
the deep decline of our kind
but now it's time to watch us die.

no amount of solemn prayer
can help us... we are damned
the sad results of apathy have brought on the fall of man
hey don't blink, cuz we'll all be gone
In a short amount of time
what a tragic punishment
oh what a tragic crime

I know an mournful epic now
a story not yet told
we had the strength to save mankind
but our ignorance took hold

I know you'll choke in disbelief
as your life is torn to scraps
the placid world you've come to know
will violently collapse

Last edited:
I like your lyrics . . . each line is a barb, spearing into soft flesh of contemporary society. You've spent a lot of time on these lyrics, and you have great wordcraft. That's not to say that I agree with the thoughts that form the basis of the song, but I do recognise good song-writing ability. I hope you find your brass player, and that the song turns out well. I look forward to hearing it!

thank you very much.... I'm really glad you think my lyrics are good :P...

since this site has been really great and I have gotten pretty rapid responses, I think I'll just go ahead and upload the ska/spanish guitar portion of the song so you guys can hear it. I also put in some midi trumpets, just for shits and giggles :P

BTW: Please pardon my crappy voice... apart from it being raspy, I've had a cold all week which has made my singing quite.... flat :/ I'm redoing the vocals as soon as I this cold goes away.
hope it's alright :D
http://www.box.net/shared/sfu9cnthox

Last edited:
That's a great start!

I love how every new sound is 'unexpected', for want of a better word. I'm listening to some nouveau flamenco, then suddenly a 'Beatles Revolution' guitar comes in, then trombones etc. Well done.

Your singing sounds like Green Day, maybe you should get a cold more often ;)

-Mike

hey again. I am coming very close to finishing my song now, and I am almost at the final mix. I added some pretty interesting things to my song to make it unique, such as a steel drum. I also found a brass player named fraserhutch. Once he sends in his recordings and I mix it, I will upload the complete final mix... I was thinking of maybe putting it on itunes, if possible. I'm really happy about the way it turned out :). The song is a Ska/punk song with a twist of flamenco :P.
the song is called Mortified.

http://www.box.net/shared/y76hto0jh3

EDIT: oh, and I also felt like uploading a photo of myself I made in photoshop :p. I'm 16 and I live in California (is there any way i could make this my avatar :P hehe)
meeeeeee.jpg

Last edited:
Back