Anyone pick up the padkontrol yet?

onlydude

If you did, was it worth it??

Its been a long time since i've bought any new equiptment and im tierd of banging out my drums on a keyboard :( . Thinking about picking one up...

What do you guys think?

I love my drum pads. It really makes keying in drums considerably easier since (for me anyways) it allows for a much more human feel and variation than you could with a grid type layout. I use it primarily with my drum machine and sampler.

I use a MPD16 since I have always loved the hard pad feel of an MPC so I cant really say about the pad control. I have used the Kontrol keyboard though and those pads felt way to squishy for my tastes but they may not be the same on the drum pad. Go to a GC and try they them out, there is also the new Akai MPD24 and the trigger finger in that price range. The MPD16 is only $99

"hard pad feel of an MPC" ??

I'm sorry to say that your MPD pads will cease to be hard after being worn in, as with the pads on an MPC.

i'm talking about the force required to trigger them. besides, at 99$ i just replace mine and am already on my second set

Oh, ok. It's just that most cats prefer the worn-in pads so I was confused for a sec.

Doesn't matter as long as it keeps you dropping heat - but, you'd be better off opening up your MPD16, ordering new pads from VST for 14 bucks, and putting those in. It'll save you about 86 bucks.

they do got the Korg Kontrol49 that has the keyboard & pads on it, pretty solid piece I'll say. I've used it extensivly, and hasn't flawed on me yet. Comes with Sampletank 2 korg edition, nice quality sounds that came with it, and works with reason 3 with ease.

the main reason i got rid of mine is cuz i wasn't happy wit payin 200.00 just to beat drums in on some pads on my software program i can easily do that on the keyboard. i bought it to control my samples and everything i could do with the pad kontrol i could do with my board so it was like havin a mini board so i sold it

Back