Anyone like flamed maple?

oh man, now that is beutiful. i love my ivebeenhad(ibanez rg570)
its one of the most playable guitars ive ever owned. its gott the same body shape as that one except its pewter grey. man thats beutiful but 2000 bucks is alot of dough. would surely love to have it though thanks for sharing now i can go to bed and dream about it lol. god bless tim pate

TheGuitarMan said:
Gee, an electric made entirely out of maple. I bet that sounds like a dream.:rolleyes:

Ugly as sin.

Ugly?.... you're crazy, thats a beautiful guitar.... I know it doesn't compare to your JC Penney Fender Squire copy, but it's definitely NOT ugly...

I've always been an Ibanez fan since the RG550/JEM days.

That particular guitar is just stunning, and I'd say worth every penny.

Here are my 2 transparent painted Ibbies.

RG 520 QM (Dark Blue Mahoganey Veneered Quited maple top) and a RG 570 CT (Light Blue Alder body With yet another vaneer top). Nothing like the one Rich is selling, but that is a J Custom, the best of the best of Ibanez.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Flame Maple??

Where is this Maple person..............:mad: :mad:

If they have it coming, I'll flame 'em to Ash!!!!!!

:D

Timanator said:
I've always been an Ibanez fan since the RG550/JEM days.

That particular guitar is just stunning, and I'd say worth every penny.

Here are my 2 transparent painted Ibbies.

RG 520 QM (Dark Blue Mahoganey Veneered Quited maple top) and a RG 570 CT (Light Blue Alder body With yet another vaneer top). Nothing like the one Rich is selling, but that is a J Custom, the best of the best of Ibanez.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Nice guitars dude.... I'm bidding on an Ibanez right now, got six hours left and that baby will be mine.... unless someone jumps the price up too high....

:)

Yo Kelly5150

one good advice,

The RG520 is the best bang for the buck. It blows away my other 2 (I have a RG560 as well). THe second I got this machine it screamed out of the box, has a killer flat neck and great tones(Ibanez stock pickup's kind of suck, but not any worse than any other stock guitar pickup's) But this thing has tones of sustain and great harmonics. I have seen them way under 350, There is a very nice RG7620( 7 string with the good tremelo) for $350 shipped at the classifieds in Jemsite.com

If you can find a used RG7xx, they are good as well, but dont have the All Access Neck Joint(RG750, 760, and 770's were discontinued in 94 I believe). But they have a great bound necks and great hardware(Same as the RG520's)

Good luck on your Ebay!

i don't like that look. it's like a huge amount of time and energy to produce something that just looks overproduced. the only way i'd go for a one-wood, one-finish guitar is if it were carved out of a single piece as part of the design. now that would be cool.

Timanator said:
Yo Kelly5150

one good advice,

The RG520 is the best bang for the buck. It blows away my other 2 (I have a RG560 as well). THe second I got this machine it screamed out of the box, has a killer flat neck and great tones(Ibanez stock pickup's kind of suck, but not any worse than any other stock guitar pickup's) But this thing has tones of sustain and great harmonics. I have seen them way under 350, There is a very nice RG7620( 7 string with the good tremelo) for $350 shipped at the classifieds in Jemsite.com

If you can find a used RG7xx, they are good as well, but dont have the All Access Neck Joint(RG750, 760, and 770's were discontinued in 94 I believe). But they have a great bound necks and great hardware(Same as the RG520's)

Good luck on your Ebay!

I won the auction... oh yes....:)

I think I got a pretty good deal concidering it has EMG pickups and gold hardware (I love EMG pickups) it saves me from having to upgrade the pickups... anyway check it out... :):):)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33043&item=2518291752&rd=1

:):):)

TheGuitarMan said:
Yeah...

*heave*

Now THIS is flamed maple:

Jet Earlewood "Tiger Eye"

That guitar doesn't have anymore flame that the Ibanez, it just shows up a bit more cuz of the stain, which is kind of an ugly color... the guitar style isn't too bad, I wouldn't turn it down if it was offered to me :):):)

Kelly5150 said:
That guitar doesn't have anymore flame that the Ibanez, it just shows up a bit more cuz of the stain, which is kind of an ugly color... the guitar style isn't too bad, I wouldn't turn it down if it was offered to me :):):)
That Jet has a LOT more flame than the Ibanez. You can hardly see the grain on the Jet. The Ibanez has a pretty loose flame, actually.

zer0sig said:
it's not really my style, but i think that that guitar is a good deal at 400 bucks.

It's perfect for my style (rock n' metal)... I'm hoping the action is nice and it shreds.... I know buying a guitar without trying it first can be a crap shoot, but when ya dont live anywhere near a music store ya gotta take the chance....

:):):)

Yeah, that jet has a 10 top. That's an insane top, I've rarely seen a flame that tight.

If you want an actual "solid" flame maple body, Warmoth has some. When I say solid, I mean, not a two-piece bookmatched body like that Ibanez. It's a nice piece, but without some sort of nice finish (clear stain is really the easy way out) it would be hard to justify a $2000 price tag for it.

Check this out.
http://www.warmoth.com/thrift/wgp_body_detail.asp?itemNumber=ps418

i play on an ICX-120 by ibanez. the action is awesome. fingerboard plays perfectly. only thing i've noticed about mine is the strap mechanism could have been built better. it really isn't an issue, but if i let go of my fingering hand (left for me) the head falls to the ground :D a little top heavy, but i still love it.

Back