Anyone know what the motorik beat/sound/pattern is???

Purpleb

I looked all over online and cant find a true definition I know the wiki one which is really vague... and that is really all I find brief and vague explanations about it.
I know its from krautrock 70s era, the group NEU sort of invented it.
I know its a drum pattern played over and over again with minimal fills etc... but I know theres more than that makes it motorik or hypnotiq
anyone know what it is??
someone said the bass drum plays with the hi hats except on the snare hits...is that true?
so please someone explain the motorik pattern or what the motorik beat is?
its also called the "apache beat"
Thanks

Here is a song that has the beat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbAWBElA6dA

I looked all over online and cant find a true definition I know the wiki one which is really vague... and that is really all I find brief and vague explanations about it.
I know its from krautrock 70s era, the group NEU sort of invented it.
I know its a drum pattern played over and over again with minimal fills etc... but I know theres more than that makes it motorik or hypnotiq
anyone know what it is??
someone said the bass drum plays with the hi hats except on the snare hits...is that true?
so please someone explain the motorik pattern or what the motorik beat is?
its also called the "apache beat"
Thanks

Here is a song that has the beat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbAWBElA6dA
That "beat" actually has a name??????

Basically, it's like you said: The bass drum is playing all the hi-hat beats except for when the snare hits.

So,

The hi-hat's playing 1&2&3&4&.
The kik's playing 1&-&3&-&
The snare's playing --2---4-

Yeah it has a name lol.

I know it is a pretty simple pattern and basically all he does is repeat it over and over and over again, with maybe a slight fill here and there (and thats a big maybe). I guess that why it got its name, because he was the first to do it, not the beat but the basically non accent and repeating it over and over and over. Creating that hypnotiq feel or what not.
I was just wondering if it is just the beat called motorik? or does it have to do with the rhythm instruments too?
The music is called krautrock, I think it really just has to do with the beat, but not completely sure.

The hi-hat's playing 1&2&3&4&.
The kik's playing 1&-&3&-&
The snare's playing --2---4-

Like you pointed out.

Back