Anyone interested in some mixing practice? Local Post-Hardcore Band [Request]

aaronglass

Well I'm recording a local hardcore band, Beyond Autumn's Gates today and tomorrow. It'll be full, including guitars, bass, vocals, and drums. Maybe some synth. I'm new to mixing, I can output a decent job but if anyone here just randomly likes to mix/needs some practice or whatever you're more than welcome to mix their song. I'll just send you the tracks by Friday.

The guitars are recorded DI, as well as the bass. I can send you the clean files or the files with the amp simulator effects on it.

Vocals and drums are recorded with a less than half decent Samson CO1U USB... yeah it's kind of embarassing but I've gotten shockingly good results with this microphone. So yeah, drums are gonna be a little messy considering I'm recording them off axis with the Samson.. being one mic.

SO. If anyone's down, please reply or e-mail me at theaaronglass@gmail.com

Thanks a ton! I just really want to help this band out (doing the recording for free) and would love the best mix possible which I feel is definitely not my product as of now.

Aaron

How many tracks (I don't mean per song, I mean how many songs)?

Did you record the DI tracks by chance?

How soon do you need it done?

I'd need it in like 2 weeks. It's one song. I'm going to record the clean direct input tracks, and run an amp sim on them for tone. I'll send you both the clean and distorted tracks.

I'll definitely give it a try, I'll send you an email.
don't be embarrassed, being a big fan of Blue I use my Yeti a lot, and one mic recordings are not always horrible. for drums though, not the best way to go.

Back