Anyone I need help

g on the wc

I need help!! The last two forums I posted have been of no help. So I have a new question to go around the last one. In Cubase SX after I have imported audio files into a project is it possible to retrieve those files without having to mixdown each track? I have audio files that were recorded and I imported them as .wav sound files then I created a lead vox track from all the pieces- I now want to run them out my soundcard to a processor and back in to be rerecorded- The problem is that I need to use a different program to run the audio out than the one I have to use to record with (Cubase) or I get a signal problem. Any advice??

Thank you-
G

I gotta see if I understand this correctly.

You've imported a .wav file. Added another track to it, vocals. Now you want to run the whole thing out, an back in to be recorded onto yet another track.

If this is the case, then i'll add some simplicities. .wav file is a sound file on Track 1. Vocals on track 2. Running out to a (hypothetical reverb unit) and back in.

So, you mix 1 and 2 to taste, hook the output of the soundcard to the reverb unit input, reverb out to the input of the soundcard, and record on track 3. Mute tracks 1 and 2 and export.

Seems to simple though to be your problem. Maybe you could elaborate a bit more....

Blind Cowboy...

Your question is worded a bit tough to understand, but if I get you right, it sounds like you will need to export the tracks as .wav files for your other audio application to accept them.

My question was very uniformative, I do apologize. I have spent 2 days plugging in and out wires. I was a bit fried. I basically have a mix and certain tracks need to be processed via a TC Electronic processor. I also have a Tascam 428 that I am using to control Cubase SX for mixing and monitoring. The problem is that in order to send the tracks I need out and monitor them as they come back in requires that I use my sound card for the out and my 428 as the in (Unless you can use the 428 for both). I can not figure out how to use both simultaneously with Cubase. I have it wired now in the opposite direction being the tracks go out to the 428 through the processor and into soundcard then they are recorded with the cards software and have to be re-imported to Cubase. That is not very beneficial because I have to use my card to monitor and if I want to plug in keyboard etc to the processor I have to send it first through the 428 and then to processor and then to computer which is not ideal. Any answers to this or am I just not able to use both the 428 and the Card at the same time with Cubase? It seems everytime I start Cubase it automatically chooses the 428 and I can not go back and forth. Thank you- I hope this sheds some light on the question.

G

Back