Anyone here has issues with paragraphs being deleted while posting here?

jimmys69

MOODerator
I am not sure if is the site, my browser, my keyboard, or just bad juju.

I brought this up in as a technical issue to other mods, and nobody seems to be able to recreate it. I can consistently and it drives me insane!!!

Ugh, it just happened again here just now. Since this is the forum that seems to have the most typing of thought, can anyone recreate this or am I losing my mind?

Simple test: Respond. Type a line. Hit enter twice to create a paragraph. Type another line. Mistakenly place a comma instead of a period. Hit 'backspace'.

Does your paragraph spacing above get deleted? It does for me. Does not happen in any other website or even FB.

I always wondered about many who have written long ass responses without any paragraphs. Whatever causes this for me may be why that has happened.

OK, so let's start with the basics of what I am using:
PC Windows 10/Firefox browser/wireless keyboard/Dark Mode on this site.

I have used three different keyboards. Two different wireless ones, and a wired one. Had a guy in studio who is a computer tech, and he thinks it has more to do with the site's word processing engine, or it's compatibility with certain browsers, or maybe a conflict with type of system (mac/PC). I have not tried another browswer, as mine is linked to my VPN, so haven't tested another yet.

Hopefully some of you have some input, because outside of the normal craziness in this world, having to friggen edit posts is not something I am needing right now!!!!

LMAO!

Thanks in advance for anyone's input. :drunk:

And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for.

Don't ask me I don't give a damn

Typing the above per your directions hasn't produced the problem in my post. I'm Windows 11 on a laptop, Edge browser and Dark Mode.

Last edited:
And it's one, two three, what are we fighting for.

Don't ask me I don't give a damn

Typing the above per your directions hasn't produced the problem in my post. I'm Windows 11 on a laptop, Edge browser and Dark Mode.
Well that was helpful... LMAO!

On occasion, because I mostly use my cell phone to post....I have fat fingered more than once that made my

The only cases of my paragraphs vanishing is when I read it through and think about it

I read it and conclude that it may not be such a good thing to post.

Then it deletes. :D

It is a serious technical issue guys. It would be nice if someone took things seriously...

I should have known better I suppose.

It is a serious technical issue guys. It would be nice if someone took things seriously...

I should have known better I suppose.
I’m not not taking your issue seriously.
I have no idea what’s going on at your end.

I’ve never encounter that.

Simple test: Respond. Type a line. Hit enter twice to create a paragraph. Type another line. Mistakenly place a comma instead of a period. Hit 'backspace'.
The cat sat on the mat.

Two enters later here's another line
There was a comma after line and the backspace erased it.

Cat sat on my lap

I decided to pet it.

Followed the instructions exactly as Jimmy posted. Nothing got deleted except the mistake of the comma. ( which I deleted through the back space.)

Hey Jimmy.

Could it be when you insert an emoji from your phone?
Let me know if that's the case and I'll investigate.

Testing this again without Adblocker

Testing with. Now it doesn't seem to do it.

It seems to be intermittent.

Now it did it again. I give up...

This may not be related.. my laptop will sometimes exhibit quirky behaviors which include keyboard or touchpad not responding at all, or the keyboard scrambles the characters as if ASCII codes reassigned, which may produce symptoms similar to yours, or new tabs not opening on top - open in background only. A restart will reset things but they return. What seems to correct this are various queued updates. Installing these eliminates the problem until another queue forms. This happened on my Chromebook and now on my Lenovo laptop Win 11. This does not happen on my Win 10 desktop (wired keyboard & mouse, but connected to wireless router via ethernet port) which queues updates for restarts.

If there is a wireless router involved, check for firmware updates on that.

Last edited:
Testing with Chrome browser.
Lets see if it happens here?

Yep, same thing so it isn't the browser....

I am not sure if is the site, my browser, my keyboard, or just bad juju.

I brought this up in as a technical issue to other mods, and nobody seems to be able to recreate it. I can consistently and it drives me insane!!!

Ugh, it just happened again here just now. Since this is the forum that seems to have the most typing of thought, can anyone recreate this or am I losing my mind?

Does your paragraph spacing above get deleted? It does for me. Does not happen in any other website or even FB.

I always wondered about many who have written long ass responses without any paragraphs. Whatever causes this for me may be why that has happened.

OK, so let's start with the basics of what I am using:
PC Windows 10/Firefox browser/wireless keyboard/Dark Mode on this site.

I have used three different keyboards. Two different wireless ones, and a wired one. Had a guy in studio who is a computer tech, and he thinks it has more to do with the site's word processing engine, or it's compatibility with certain browsers, or maybe a conflict with type of system (mac/PC). I have not tried another browswer, as mine is linked to my VPN, so haven't tested another yet.

Hopefully some of you have some input, because outside of the normal craziness in this world, having to friggen edit posts is not something I am needing right now!!!!

LMAO!

Thanks in advance for anyone's input. :drunk:
By deleted paragraphs you mean the space between paragraphs, correct?

Second line - this is a test of the emergency paragraph deletion system, this is only a test - at the end of this sentence/graph I placed a comma, backspaced to delete it and then typed a question mark - is that what you wanted me to do?

No deleted paragraph in the above. Do you only get this on a particular machine? Wonder if it's some dysfunctionality with that particular machine - Ram going bad? Do you have another you can test it with?

Back