Anyone have tracksheet template

wimat

Just wondering if anyone had a template or something of that nature for a tracksheet. I could probably make one on excel or something, but I'd probably forget key infomation. So maybe, if you don't have a tracksheet, what should I include if I make one. Maybe

-track number
-mic
-placement
-insert
-????????

I have a sheet I use with my 424, that basically has a blank outline of the knobs and faders, etc, that you can pencil in levels and whatnot. It helps to get the changes during mixdown perfected, especially if you mixdown, give a listen, then wanna make some minor tweak down the road. I don't think that's what you're talking about, but I'd be happy to share if you or anyone else is interested. It's fairly specific to the 424mkii, though, I think.

I use this...

www.massivemastering.com/special/AudiographicsTrackSheet.pdf

Sometimes a whole session goes on one sheet - Other times one song only. Depends on the session setup.

All the small box areas are for stuff like Background Vox, Horns, SFX, whatever and you can check off what is in what song. Get it?

The box under the track label can have the mic/insert info (I write really small).

Hope that gives you an idea...

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

You should make that template on your speadsheet. Yeah, you may forget a useful parameter, but no big deal - just add it in next time. This way you'll get exactly the info you need for your particular setup.

I created one that is used primarily to help me visualize and pre-plan my session setup:

mics
preamps
compressors
snake cable numbers
Pro Tools inputs
Pro Tools Outputs

If I was using tape I'd also want stop and start times.
You may also want a space for writing comments and jotting down problem spots. If you use a lot of outboard hardware, you may also want a place to record parameter settings.

sorry

sorry, but I've never filled any track sheets before, so can anyone help me to fill the one I downloaded from michael rush's site???

Back