Anyone have templates? files to share?

ninjakyle

So does anyone have a basic layout saved that they use as a template to start off a recording (vocal tracks with reverb preset and such?)

I used to have this two years ago when I was using this program, but lost them as I am going back to record. Thought it would be fun to share them here. I will probably make one soon.

As I'm sure most users will tell you, every session is unique. While one may have a quick template for, say, a live situation, each track is typically crafted according to what it needs for that particular piece. Also, bear in mind, many people are using aftermarket plugins instead of the native AA ones - in this case, the saved settings would not work for you. I know this wasn't what you had in mind, but I would start messing around with settings freestyle. I realize this isn't so much fun, since you're wanting quicker results, but it will make you better at this in the end - making your productions better.

Oh...if you'd like, PM me and you can throw some sample settings with or without accompanying tracks to my email. I'll do some critiquing and help you craft the sound you're looking for.

I have a template that I use but it doesnt include any effects...I just have one that opens in 8 track multitrack with 8 tracks armed for record and all 8 set up to record from my Terratec EWS88/MT. I usually start with drums and this saves a little time when setting up a session.

Once you set up your I/O for a session you can save it as a "Default Session" but I don't know of any way to store more than one. Maybe if you looked in the manual?

well..you can set up your session the way you want it...then save it as something...i named mine SHELL.ses. Then when Im ready to record drums, I can open the shell session. once recording is done, do a SAVE AS and rename the session...this way you will have your new session saved..and still retain your SHELL as long as you dont SAVE instead of SAVE AS.

much thanks

aaroncomp said:
Oh...if you'd like, PM me and you can throw some sample settings with or without accompanying tracks to my email. I'll do some critiquing and help you craft the sound you're looking for.

I might take you up on that. Thanks for the offer.

As for that "shell" idea, that was more what I was talking about. And now that other people mention it, it makes more since to do it on an individual basis. Mine will be customized to work with my Lexicon Omega and such

Thanks for your suggestions.

Back