Anyone have any guitar samples done with the pod 2, vamp2, v-amp pro or vox tonelab?

Guitarweb

I'm really wondering about the clean tones (I see the pod has an '87 jc-120 model).

I think I'm heading for the pod 2.0 for entry level electric recording. Used off eBay for $100-150 its a good deal for the DI/balanced TRS output alone.

I have guitar rig and a digitech s100 if I really don't like the effects.

Can anyone put some sound samples to this arguement?

I've used both the POD Pro and the V-Amp 2. While neither one of them sound anywhere near as good as my Dual Rec, they do provide me a quick and easy way to inject straight into the computer for recording ideas, etc. Here's a link to an original song that I'm working on with my band. I threw the parts together using the V-Amp last night in about 15 minutes. The settings I used were the British Clean and Modern High Gain. The cleans have a bit of delay on them as do the overdriven parts:

Make sure that any samples of these fake amp boxes you listent to are the guitar in a mix with other instruments (unless of course you only record solo guitar). Its when you hear them in a mix that you can really understand whether or not the sounds are any good. My experience is that they work badly (others have a different opinion), but I find the clean tones to be the least offensive, and mess up mixes the least, so you may be OK with one.

I have a bunch of samples recorded with a POD Pro. Actually, I prefer the recorded tones I get with the POD to what I get micing the Fender and Ampeg amps I have. I really like it a lot.

All the electric guitars are recorded through the POD Pro.

Samples are here:

http://www.rockerbob.com/mp3/

Clean, or at least some clean tones in
CowBoy Bob
Only You
Birthday

Also, many of the guitars in these tunes are a Line6 Variax 700.

Back