Anyone had dealings...

glynb

Balladeer
These guys email me now and then,
http://www.visionmusicusa.com/demoevaluation.html

anyone had any dealing with them? Don't know how they got my address.

I thought the offer of a free demo evaluation wasn't too bad, scam or no scam, until I read that they only telephone you to give verbal comments. Nothing in writing that you can post on your publicity material or web site - I would hazard a guess that they won't even bother listening to the demo and once they have you on the phone just give you the sales pitch about how your stuff is great but needs development...by them of course!

Am i too cynical?

No.

You have been warned.

My question is, what can you get from them that you can't get posting on a forum like this? I'd wager half the people here are as qualified as those guys to give you advice like that. And I'm not looking to gain anything from you. :D

those guys probably have nothing better to do and will probably get ideas for their music by listening to yours....that website is pointless....stick with the people who can answer you within a day(sometimes minutes. sometimes hours) of your posting

Oh, don't worry I will be staying here,

...it's free!!

...but more importantly you get an unbiased opinion not coloured by commercial factors (ie the need to sell you something).

No, I just wondered if anyone had used their 'service' at all. Obviously no one has, or is admiting to it!

Back