Anyone got one of these Analog mixers??

Out of those three the Yamaha would be my choice.

In my humble opinion it has the best facilities/price point balance and will be a good little workhorse in your system for years to come.

Also the Mopads are good but no substitute for room treatment if you're looking for some real definition in the bass end of your mixes.

ssscientist said:
Out of those three the Yamaha would be my choice.

In my humble opinion it has the best facilities/price point balance and will be a good little workhorse in your system for years to come.
Cheers :)

ssscientist said:
Also the Mopads are good but no substitute for room treatment if you're looking for some real definition in the bass end of your mixes.

What about for what the monitors are resting on? My room plays a big part, but also so does my table that everything is on. The Mastering Engineer told me when I got my EP cut that the bass was abit light at 100 to 200hz... He said that maybe I need some foampads to cut out the resonants of the table.

They are cheap and may well make a big diff.

If you think they're what you need by all means grab them.

. ;)

I have never used the Compact4 but I have the Compact10 and I am just OK with it. The volume pot on the control room out is messed up and breaks up when it is adjusted. Other than that it seems to function OK.

My band uses the little Yamaha mixer as a sub mixer for the drums. It seems to work just fine but it is really hard to evaluate something for recording when tested in a live setting.

I also have the mopads. They do what they are supposed to do nothing more nothing less. They basically isolate you monitors from whatever they sit on.

If I didn't need to buy better mics and better everthing else I would probably upgrade my mixer.

I use the MoPads and they are a nice easy way to decouple your monitors from the tabletop they sit on. I'm sure there are better andmore esoteric and expensive ways to do it, but the MoPads definitely help, in my experience.

SonicAlbert said:
I use the MoPads and they are a nice easy way to decouple your monitors from the tabletop they sit on. I'm sure there are better andmore esoteric and expensive ways to do it, but the MoPads definitely help, in my experience.
Cool, thanks.

SonicAlbert said:

I also have a set of mopads, and agree with the comments above.

Back