anyone got a PicoValve?

I got some pico ge gallo. Does that count?

I saw in the other thread you're gonna get one. Awesome. :D
already ordered. I'm sure it's a cheap thing but it's normally 300 bucks at MF so that's a pretty good deal.
Currently I use my Epi Valve Jr. for half my gigs it's also 5 watts but no tone controls while this has treble/mids/bass and a master volume as well although I'll prolly keep that wide open for the most headroom.

And it has a 2 watt setting that I would use for recording if my wife didn't just sleep thru anything I crank up even at 3am! But nothing wakes her up ...... good wife ..... :D

If she gets this new job we'll be cooking again and I'm gonna get that Tubemeister 18 watt 1x10 combo. I wouldn't even need a pedalboard with that thing!

But for now I'm excited about the PicoValve.

Fuck yeah dude. I can't wait to hear it. I sure do like those Tubemeisters. I've never heard the combo though. I'm sure it's just as awesome as the rest of them.

Would this work as a type of DI instead of running to a speaker, run it to the mixer to improve the sound of the guitar? It might be what my little electric has been needing.

Would this work as a type of DI instead of running to a speaker, run it to the mixer to improve the sound of the guitar? It might be what my little electric has been needing.
no .... it's an amp, not a DI and would need to be hooked to a speaker.

Congrats guys!!! I did a search on MF's site, & it said "Item unavailable"...not that I was gonna buy it, just saying you 2 might've gotten lucky, they might've sold 'em all out...

I suppose we'll be hearing some clips in the next few days, right???

Like I mentioned, I almost bought one awhile back, but opted for the Blackstar combo, I didn't have a cab at the time....

Cool guys, let us know how you like it, & post us some clips!!!:guitar:

Congrats guys!!! I did a search on MF's site, & it said "Item unavailable"...not that I was gonna buy it, just saying you 2 might've gotten lucky, they might've sold 'em all out...

I suppose we'll be hearing some clips in the next few days, right???

Like I mentioned, I almost bought one awhile back, but opted for the Blackstar combo, I didn't have a cab at the time....

Cool guys, let us know how you like it, & post us some clips!!!:guitar:

Yep, when I ordered mine late last night, their system showed 1 left in inventory. I was hoping it was accurate, and then I got the shipping notice this morning. So I must've ordered the last one.

Haha, cool beans guys. I imagine there was a black friday style run on those things.

I think so. I fear this is going to lead to more spending though. I don't have many standalone cabinets (though I have a number of combos with external connections that I could use). In any case, I'm thinking this little Picovalve might be the perfect excuse for me to add a greenback to my rig. The only question is whether to buy it from someone like Avatar, or make it myself. Choices, choices...

no .... it's an amp, not a DI and would need to be hooked to a speaker.

From what I have read,technically it doesn't have to be hooked to a speaker, but it does have to have a matched load before going to the board. So something like this "Peavey MSDI Microphone Simulated Direct Interface .... DI with speaker simulation" could make it work for direct input.

From what I have read,technically it doesn't have to be hooked to a speaker, but it does have to have a matched load before going to the board. So something like this "Peavey MSDI Microphone Simulated Direct Interface .... DI with speaker simulation" could make it work for direct input.

Technically perhaps, but as it was designed to be an amp head, I'm sure there are better direct solutions.

aren't these designed by the guy that used to run THD?

i tried a Flexi-50 once, that was an amazing amp.

aren't these designed by the guy that used to run THD?

i tried a Flexi-50 once, that was an amazing amp.

Yep, they were. I don't expect anything like a Flexi-50, but for $99--I'm thinking I'll find a place for it in my repertoire.

Technically perhaps, but as it was designed to be an amp head, I'm sure there are better direct solutions.

Yea, I am sure you are correct. I am just starting to look at different options to start expanding my sound options. Since I don't fool much with outboard equipment, I saw this and thought, low power, maybe this would help the guitar sound. So, am really just asking and learning to figure out what my next buy is going to be. I do little with the electric, so I am looking at how to incorporate this more into my recordings.

Since I don't do live playing, cabinets and such really aren't in my zone.

. What speaker cab(s) will you be running it through?
I have a Laney TubeFusion 30 watt amp with a 10" in it and the Laney blowed up real good the 3rd time I used it. So I use it as a 10" speaker cab and I have 2 NICE sounding eminence 10's I got from UpstateNewYork in return for doing him a favor. So my small watt amps go thru that 10 (open back) cab. I keep meaning to build a couple of cabs for the 10s because it looks funky having a head sitting on top of a combo amp but to do that I'd have to exert myself!

This will NOT be a studio amp for me ..... I'll be gigging with it.

Yea, I am sure you are correct. I am just starting to look at different options to start expanding my sound options. Since I don't fool much with outboard equipment, I saw this and thought, low power, maybe this would help the guitar sound. So, am really just asking and learning to figure out what my next buy is going to be. I do little with the electric, so I am looking at how to incorporate this more into my recordings.

Since I don't do live playing, cabinets and such really aren't in my zone.

I hear ya. I'm primarily a guitarist and have over a dozen amps. At least 4 of them have line outs that are supposed to be the bee's knees. And yet I've never found a line out that matches a good software amp sim. In other words, my first choice is a good tube amp with a good mic in front of it. But after that? I'd choose a decent amp sim over a line out. That's my experience anyway...

well .... yeah .... as long as it has the proper load to run into it's not gonna care whether it's a speaker or a resistor except you do get an varying impedance at different freqs with a speaker but you don't with a resistive load but yes, the amp wouldn't blow up .... it would work.
I dunno how well those kinds of set ups work so research it before trying it and the amp's already sold out at that price.

Back