Anyone familiar with Voyetra Digital Orchestrator?

geeq

I've been using this program ever since.. I decided to upgrade from Windows 98 to XP.. I reinstalled the program... installation was fine.. but when I open the program.. I receieve an error.. it says "Application was properly installed.. run the setup again."... so i did.. and i keep getting the same msg over and over.. so i figured it might be the xp / program conflicts.. i went to voyetra's website.. but they seem to not have a driver to update the program.. i know that this program is pretty old.. but it's small, and i find easier to use.. do u guys know any programs similar to this one???? thanks ;)

Digital Orchestrator Pro is ancient. I think Voyetra dropped support for it a year or two ago. I still use it for its MIDI functionality, which is very straightforward and reliable. But I'm still running Win98SE, so XP compatibility is not an issue for me.

Does XP have some kind of "compatibility mode" that you could run DOPro in? Maybe you've tried that already.

There is another thread where cheap/free software is currently being discussed: https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=120240

DOP Pro and XP

I've got DOP Pro (can't say I use it much though), but I have no problems running it with XP Home. You might want to do a complete un-install, then use RegSeeker to clean up your registry. Then re-install DOP. If windows won't allow you to un-install, run RegSeeker first, then attempt the re-install.

Having a clean registry is good for everyone. So I recommend anyone that reads this thread, grab up on it. Unless you already have a registry cleaner of some sort that works for your needs.

Hope this helps

-Ken

P.S. You might take a look at some of the Cakewalk products for MIDI sequencing or n-Track , for an affordable yet powerful multitracking audio sequencer. n-Track is semi limited in MIDI production, hence the recommendation of Cakewalk, but it is still fully capable.

Voyetra have updated the product so it runs in XP and 2000.
There is also a cheap midi only version which supports full MTC/Midi Clock master or slave which is good for those just wanting a midi sequencer to run with a hardware DAW like a Roland VS.
http://www.voyetra.com/site/

Back