Anyone Ever Use Behringer Truth Monitors??

imacgreg

Disclaimer: I don't like Berhinger any more thanany other staunch pro audio guy, so no off topic flames please. Thanks

I've found possibly a good deal on a pair of these. Has anyone used them? Are they the 3630's of the monitor world? Worth using as lone set of nearfields? I'm a poor student who is doing some recordings and right now I don't even have monitors. Should I save my money and get something worthwhile or are these good enough for standard rock music mixing?

Thanks for your replies and incredible amount of self-control for not ripping into Berhinger!

Ian

Ok, yeah, I've read pro Rec's review and a D+ isn't great. Any other comments? BhLewis, why are they awesome for the price? What kind of music did you mix? Did the mixes translate well to other systems?

Thanks,
ian

I use a pair of Truths to do near Field monitoring on my computer based editing, (using Vegas audio). Like all speakers that have been set up for a level response I find them too bright and boomy at the bottom end. However using the response switches on the back I have got a very acceptable sound that is way above what should be expected given the price.

Always use your own ears not someone elses prejudices.

My other Monitors are a pair of Custom Volt/Scanspeak and a large pair of floorstanding Dynaudio that I use to check bass level/quality and the Truths are in no way "shown-up" by these.

I've compared them to a number of other monitors and was suitably unimpressed.... bass-response is slow and muddy........

Top-end sound was similar to the Mackies though they seem to have a mid-scoop....

Bruce

Yes they seem to translate well. They seem to live up to thier name truth. when I mix something using them and then take it to the car I hear the same thing. And no I have not treated the control room that much. The truth is dont matter what monitors you buy you going to have to train your ear to mix with them anyway. I think for the price they are fine. Also to anwser your other question I work with country and and pop/rock artist here in Nashville. Hey just my opinion. Of course there are alot of better monitors out there.

Back