Anyone ever record a song online? Anyone want to Try? I am a pro tools LE user

sk8ingsnowman

I can manage to do vocals bass and guitar but can never get a pro drum sound using MIDI.

I am really want to try doing a song with a drummer over the internet.

Anyone have any experience in this???

I think it would be a good thing to get familiar with.

So if there are any interested Drummers out there that can get a high quality drum sound in Pro Tools reply and we can try it out.

Zeke Sayer was recently offering to record drum tracks for people, you might try talking with him. I don't think he uses Pro Tools, but I'm sure you could figure a way around that.

travis

Here's a couple of drum tracks I recorded.

This one I based on a Zeppelin song, it's an oddball time signature 7/4 or something. The pattern is intro, verse, bridge, verse, bridge, chorus, then repeated.

This on is just a Bonham type groove. I was trying to get a ballsy, bottom end sound. You could maybe slice a piece out and loop it in Protools

any style is fine just not death metal. my plan was just to find a drummer and send them samples of a bunch of different songs in different styles and let the drummer decide.

sk8ingsnowman said:
any style is fine just not death metal. my plan was just to find a drummer and send them samples of a bunch of different songs in different styles and let the drummer decide.

Im a drummer, and i have a digi 001, all new skins on my kit,and drum mics, but........................I PLAY DEATH METAL!

I'll smack out a groove for you on my elec set but I don't have space to track acoustic right now. If you make money I get some. If you like that then PM me.

I would not do it in PTools though, either logic or a wave exported from my akai in 24 by whatever sample rate you need.

Back