Anyone ever hear of these pickups?

Scooter B

Anone here ever hear of these pickups?
www.Q-tuner.com

They get into some metaphysical stuff about sound and psychology. I do believe there is a relationship to chords, rhythms, tones and scales to emotions but not that a specific pickup would be more emotionaly intune than another pickup inherantly.

Kind of bizarre and interesting at the same time.

I would be curious to hear them but I don't buy all the metaphysical hype.

i've been wanting a pair since i first read about them. i actually forgot, but i could definitely try a new pickup.. maybe i'll order one soon.

I ran accross a reference to them at Warmoth.com where a builder in the gallary was raving about them.

There is this Animal Magnetism book they referenced at their web site that I bought several years ago when I built a custom fretless bass. It was also rather esoteric and eccentric as well.

I do like the idea of going back to more high quality passive pickups that don't have an electronicaly hyped sound. Alot of the highend bass specialty luthier shops are also researching and devoloping high end natural sounding passive pickups.

Give us a review if you try some of these out.

"In parallel, neural activity concerned with generating (un)pleasant sensations increases, thus bringing Q-tuner technology into association with the mechanics of emotion; this phenomenon is caused by opiate-like substances called endorphins which are released as a side-effect to forcing the brain’s mathematical analysis circuitry...."

WHAT BOLLOCKS. THESE GUYS ARE ON ACID.

robin watson said:
The people buying these must be on acid too if they are willing to fork over that much money for some goofy looking pickup. Next they will be telling us that ceramic magnets block the flow of Chi.

robin watson said:
"In parallel, neural activity concerned with generating (un)pleasant sensations increases, thus bringing Q-tuner technology into association with the mechanics of emotion; this phenomenon is caused by opiate-like substances called endorphins which are released as a side-effect to forcing the brain’s mathematical analysis circuitry...."

How to say nothing in about 43 words or less. Now, I haven't read the website yet to find out what the rest says, but that certain clip doesn't make any connections, or do anything other than state some irrelevant facts.

Maybe these pickups sound great, but the "technical" writing on their website sets my BS detector clamoring away in the first sentence of the preface. Show me frequency response and signal strength and spare me the PSMJ (pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo).

The thing that mystifies me is how cheap they are ($150 for any size, any type). For all that verbiage, I was expecting them to be $500 at least. ;^)

Is this where I heard of the "Cherubic special"?
Guaranteed to make your guitar sound like the choirs of heaven?
That's what I need.

But what if you are into death/black metal? :confused:

this phenomenon is caused by opiate-like substances called endorphins which are released as a side-effect to forcing the brain’s mathematical analysis circuitry...."

I suppose these pickups could save you money if you were spending money on opiates.

I haven't been to the website so the only conclusion I can draw from the excerpts I've read here is that these people must think we guitar players are either very smart or very stupid. I, for one, am insulted either way !
joe

the only conclusion I can draw from the excerpts I've read here is that these people must think we guitar players are either very smart or very stupid. I, for one, am insulted either way !

Surely you jest?

While we always remain a few brain cells ahead of the drummers I have been called worse! :D

Back