anyone ever hear of superlux mics?

Mizchif

i was in thsi store and the dude was trying to sell me some superlux condensor mic
i was weary cause i've never heard the name
it "looked" good but taht don't mean anything

anyone hear of it and how good are they?

I've heard of them, but I've read absolutely nothing about them here. This seems a bit odd that nobody has one. Somebody must! I wish I could offer more, but I am just as curious as you are.

Are you sure you don't mean "Soundelux"? If so, they make outstanding microphones. If it actually is Superlux, I admit I never heard of them.

it's "Sales-Weasel", remco. Gut gut gut, leer je engels beter, jongetje! ;)

ANyway, some dutch stores are carrying the Superlux mics as well, should be comparable to the lower end AKG's, Behringer B-2 and Røde NT-1 perhaps. IMHO, save up a little and get your ass something better (=AT 3035 from what I hear)...

Never tried one but they are all over Ebay. If you are that interested you may try there but most are sold by dealers there too. You can also find some other sets similar to the superlux. On ebay go to mics and type in the search "drum mics" But I gotta agree with some of the other posts. Save your money!!!

I had a H8a I think its the mic that looked like the shure. It was OK but it developed a rattle after disassembling it . So I returned it and turned arround and Bought My C1.

It is assembled in Shawnee KS. and the parts come from china.

I wasn't really looking to buy one
i was lookin for mics and he says"hey there i got some nice new shiny superlux mics that would suit you fine"
i got suspicious that they were crap so i ran home and asked you guys for help

:)

I think i might take my money and buy the at 3035

Well, for what it's worth, I got one of the Superlux PRA218 Kick/Tom Mics off of Ebay, just for curiosity. $29, and $9 shipping.

I let a friend try it, on his voice and celtic harp, and he loves it for live use, in preference to an SM58. Very bright, and it added a bit of snap to his voice, which needs it. I didn't think it worked on the harp, but nothing dynamic does, really. He's so happy with the thing, I haven't gotten it back to see what else it'll do.

I didn't take it apart, but it seemed well enough made and finished.

Monty

I bought a few superlux sd condensers for my school. Price was right. They sound good over the P.A. at school, but I haven't recorded with them yet. I plan on trying them out soon, and I will let you know. Maybe I will post some clips.

Matty

Back