Anyone else using a Yamaha MD-8

nick6572

I am using a MD-8 and have been looking for a web forum devoted to this piece of equipment. Anyone know of such a forum?

Ive used one...I havent used it in a few months though. Ive been too busy with other things. The number of Users has been slowly getting smaller and smaller.

SoMm

I have just purchased one myself. So far I love it. Between my job and my family, I have not been able to work with it as much as I want, but, what I have done has been fun. I am still trying to figure out all of the features and how (or if) I can utilize them. I have never recorded on any other multi-track unit before. I find that this unit is pretty easy to use and I haven't had any problems with it.

I have not seen a web site dedicated to users either. good luck.

Roch

Yo Roch:

I've got an MD8 in the studio but, alas, since I got my 2816, I seldom turn it on. It's a good unit and I've take stuff recorded on that unit and mixed it on the 2816 -- good result.

There is a Minidisc Community Portal site out there.

If you search a bit on the net, you'll still find some places discussing the MD8.

But, as Mix noted, its popularity is fading. But, you will have a great time with that box and you can mix down to tape and get good stuff. If you're going to tape from the MD8 stay kind of hot and you'll get a nice big round sound.

Green Hornet :D :p :D :cool:

Back